What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Thirty-six

I rolled over slightly and found myself in a position to cuddle Tom. I tensed up. I couldn't let that happen, I couldn't get attached.

''You have to go.'' I reminded him as I sat up. Really it was just a lame excuse for me to make like a hockey player and get the puck out.

''Shit.'' He muttered and I laughed softly. He must have been expecting an encore performance.

I climbed over him and started to gather my clothes from the floor. He started to do the same shortly after but I was finished dressing before he was.

''This was fun, I'll see you later.'' I said and then kissed him quickly. Although I didn't want to get attached to Tom, not a word of what I said was a lie. I had every intention of coming back.

''That's it?'' he asked. Well duh.

''Yea.'' I told him as I opened the door.

''Bye.'' I smiled and then left.

I hurried down the hall to the elevators and pushed the button. An elevator was already there and I stepped inside.

''Hold it please!'' a familiar voice called from the hall and I almost did until I caught a glimpse of a face I knew too well.

I pushed the 'door close' button quickly and was grateful when they did just that not a second before Bill got to the elevator.

Once I was in the clear, I relaxed a little. I felt like a fourteen-year-old boy sneaking out of the 'out of order' stall in the girls' locker room after the cheerleaders were gone.

Out on the street, I flagged down a taxi and headed back to my apartment.

Jessica was on the phone when I got back and she held up a finger to tell me to wait a minute.

''Ok that sounds great, I'll see you then.'' She said happily into the receiver.

''Bye.'' She hung up.

''Who was that?'' I asked with one eyebrow slightly raised.

''Jordan.'' She replied with a smirk. ''I got bored and called him and he asked me if I wanted to go out tomorrow night.''

''That's great! God that boy is fine.'' I said and she laughed.

''Speaking of fine boys, how did it go?'' she asked, sitting beside me on one of the bar stools on the island in our kitchen.

''Jessica, I am on cloud freaking nine.'' I said and she smirked.

''So I take it the reunion went well?''

''Oh lord did it ever.'' I said. '' When he saw me, he looked like he had no clue what to do, right up until I pushed him against the wall.'' I smirked.

''So what, he just accepted the fact that you guys aren't technically allowed to see each other and scratched your itch to put it nicely.'' Jessica said and I laughed a bit.

''Actually, he asked a lot of questions, I just didn't bother to answer any of them.''

''Are you going to see him again?'' she asked.

''How could I not? You don't just find the best shoe store in town, shop there once and never again. With shoes that good I need quite a few pairs.'' I said with a smirk.

''What about your dad?''

''What my dad doesn't know wont get Tom killed.'' I said sweetly and she laughed.

''Ah the benefits of secrecy.'' She sighed and I laughed this time.

''So did you leave Tom your number or are you more of a 'I'll call you' kind of girl?'' Jessica asked.

''I'll find him when I need him.''

''What about when he needs you?'' she asked and I shrugged.

''Do you think it's a good idea to make him wait?''

''Yes, cause then it'll be that much better when I do go see him.'' I said with a wink as I got up.

I was headed for the bathroom and the phone started to ring. I didn't bother going to get it, Jessica could. It was probably Jordan anyway.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''Finally decided to show up did you?'' Vince asked when Bill and I walked into the studio.

''We had things to do.'' I said and he rolled his eyes as if to ask what else was new.

''Anyways, now that you're all here, I can tell you the big news. Clear your schedules for tomorrow night boys.'' Vince said.

''Why?'' Georg asked.

''Because thanks to the indiscretions of your guitar player, tomorrow night you're going to dinner with Mr. Phillip Reed himself.'' He said and I felt my eyes practically pop out of their sockets.

''That's not so bad.'' Gustav said.

''You weren't the one screwing his daughter for two weeks.'' Georg said with a smirk playing across his lips.

I sank into the nearest chair. Georg slapped a hand on my shoulder.

''It was nice knowing you.''
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, I liked that ending scheme enough to use it again.

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and/or commenting! I appreciate it!