What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Thirty-nine

I stretched and sighed contently when I woke up.

Last night had been quite eventful and I had gone to bed almost right after I got home.

I rolled out of bed and headed for the bathroom with the intent of showering. I stopped in the living room though when the phone rang.

''Hello?'' I answered. My voice sounded dry, like I had slept with my mouth open.

''Hi Kate, it's dad.''

''Oh hi, what's up?'' I asked as I got myself some water.

''I was wondering if you and Jessica wouldn't mind doing me a favor today. I was supposed to go look at a few venues to see which one I'm going to use for the party, but something's come up and I can't go. The appointments are already made though and I was wondering if you girls would mind checking them out and picking one for me.'' he said.

''Yea! We'd love to! That's so cool, I'm sure Jessica is going to be excited.'' I told him.

''Great, I'll send a car over at ten-thirty, you have to be at the first club at eleven. Thanks sweetheart.''

''No problem dad. Bye.'' I said and we both hung up.

I put my now empty glass in the sink and raced into Jessica's room. She was a pile of person and blankets in the center of her bed and I ran and jumped in next to her.

''Jessica.'' I cooed and she grumbled and turned her head the other way.

''You have to get up.'' I continued.

''Why?'' she muttered, sounding quite angry that I had disturbed her sleep.

''Because we have to go choose a venue for a party full of famous people.'' I said and she perked up. she lifted her head off the pillow and her heir stuck out at all angles.

''I can do that.'' she said and I laughed.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing obnoxiously on my nightstand. I picked up the vibrating device and held it so that I could read the caller ID. It was Bill.

''Ja?'' I answered tiredly.

''You fucked her in the bathroom didn't you! Mein gott Tom, her dad was in the next room!'' Bill practically yelled into the phone.

''It's not like I wanted to, ok I did, but not there!'' I defended.

''So say no!''

''I couldn't.'' I told him.

''What a load of shit.'' He replied.

''Bill, once this girl gets going, you have no idea.'' I said.

I wasn't even lying in the slightest to make myself seem innocent. It was completely true. Once Kate gets started there's just no turning back. Something about her drives me wild on it's own, but when she turns it on, she's impossible to resist. If she was seducing Bill he would know that, but lucky –or unlucky?- for me, it was only my pants she was interested in getting into.

''Ja ja, she's hot I get it, but if you don't want her dad to castrate you and then drop you off a cliff, I suggest keeping it in your pants when he's in the same building.'' Bill said.

''So what're you doing today?'' he asked suddenly.

''Goodbye Bill.' I laughed and hung up. I loved how my brother could go from disciplinary sibling to innocent little brother in a matter of two seconds.

I looked at the clock. It was only eleven but I got up all the same.

As I walked to the kitchen in search of something to eat, last night and the day before played over and over in my head. What was it about that girl that drove me so crazy? So crazy that I'd fuck her in the handicap bathroom while her dad waited for us in the next room.

Once on the beach I'd told her it was her legs and she'd laughed. It had been a joke because then…then was different. Then we could know every inch of each other inside and out. Then we could fall head over heels for each other and it was ok because in a few days we'd go back to our regular lives and pretend like none of it had ever happened.

Now was different though, now we were totally different people. We weren't just Tom and Kate anymore. We were Tom Kaulitz and Kate Reed and those two people couldn't be together.

But the fact that we couldn't be together didn't seem to stop Kate from wanting to be with me and I didn't mind. Until I figured out what it was about her that made me so crazy, I'd fall helplessly to her every time.

And to be honest, that was something I was looking forward to.