What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Four

Coming out of the shower, I felt refreshed. I had a breakfast reservation and I had almost completely forgotten about yesterday. Almost.

I still remembered the rush I felt when the boy with the dreadlocks looked at me, I still remembered every sculpted muscle of his torso. Normally, I was morally opposed to being stared at like a piece of meat, but for him, I was more than willing to make an exception.

I blow-dried my hair and then put on a blue sundress. I hadn't brought much in the way of pants for this trip. My suitcase was filled with a variety of sundresses and bikinis. Because I was most commonly in a bathing suit top or a dress that didn't require or had a built in bra, I hadn't brought much in the way of those either.

I slipped on some blue flip-flops and left my room for the beach side restaurant at which I was having breakfast.

When I stepped out into the hall, I heard a voice that I was almost familiar with.

To my left, walking down the hall, accompanied by his black-haired friend, was the boy with the dreadlocks. Both boys were wearing dress shirts and I assumed they were going to breakfast as well. They were going the same way I was. I put my room key in a pocket on my dress and left.

The conversation between the boys had gotten significantly quieter since I had started walking ahead of them. They were speaking in a whisper now, although I still didn't know what they were saying as they weren't speaking English.

By the time I had reached the restaurant, the boys were right behind me. as I waited for the host to come and seat me, the boys stood about two feet away, also waiting.

I turned as if I had just noticed that someone was behind me and smiled politely. The boys returned my smile and I turned back around.

The host was there when I turned around and, like the concierge, knew who I was.

''Right this way Miss.'' He said, grabbing a menu and walking out into the sea of tables.

Shortly after I was seated, the two boys were sat at a table three away from mine. There was only a middle-aged man with a woman who couldn't have been much older than me between us.

The second I put my menu down, a server was there to take my order. When he left with my menu, I had nothing to do but sip my water and look aimlessly around the restaurant.

It was beach side, so right where the patio ended, there was sand. But if you looked on the other side, there was a beautiful maze type garden, much like the one leading from the lobby out towards my room, only there were more paths and it was a lot bigger. I had explored it a bit when I first got here and deemed it one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen.

My eyes wandered to the table three away from mine and I was hardly surprised to see the boy with the dreadlocks looking at me. he smiled at me and I returned it, throwing a little alluring grin into my polite smile.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''Did you see that?'' I asked and Bill rolled his eyes.

''Oh yea Tom, she straight up eye raped you.'' he said and I huffed.

''Not every girl you meet is automatically attracted to you Tom.''

''I'm telling you that last night I had the best eye-sex in the history of the world with her.'' I said and he laughed.

''Ok, I believe you.'' Bill said. I knew he didn't mean it, but I let it rest because our food had arrived.

*~Regular Point of View~*

''Can I get anything else for you miss?'' the waiter asked as he handed my plate to a passing busboy.

''No thank you, everything was great.'' I said with a smile.

''Very well Miss. Have a lovely day.'' he said, bowing his head slightly before he left my table to tend to someone else.

I sat for a minute, thinking about what I would do for the rest of the day. I felt a pair of eyes on me and out of the corner of my eye; I could see the boy with the dreadlocks looking at me.

The two boys were finished eating as well. I found myself wondering what they would be doing for the rest of the day, and sculpting my plans around their hypothetical schedule.

First though, I was going for a walk. I stood from my table and left the restaurant on the side with the garden maze. I walked slowly, enjoying the plant life and water fixtures that dotted the maze.

I had stopped to smell a particularly potent flower when I head footsteps behind me. I turned my head to see the boy with the dreadlocks standing casually a few yards behind me as if he was admiring the flowers as well. Something told me he wasn't though.

I continued to walk through the garden, taking my time, my steps as quiet as possible so I could hear the boy behind me. I glanced over my shoulder; he was a little closer, trying to look innocent. I smirked when I turned away.

I kept walking and I heard his steps drastically quicken, bringing him closer to me. I suddenly stopped and turned around towards him.

''Are you following me?'' I asked, my tone demanding yet playful.

''What makes you think that?'' he asked, his tone matching mine. His voice was deep, rough yet so smooth. He had an accent but I couldn't place it. Either way, a girl could loose herself in that voice.

''Maybe the fact that you followed me out here.'' I said.

''How do you know I'm not just looking at the flowers?'' he asked and I raised my eyebrows.

''Because if you were, we wouldn't be having this conversation.'' I said with a half smirk.

I turned and continued to walk through the maze. When I had come in here, I guess I had subconsciously been hoping that he would follow me.

I heard his steps quicken again and then he was right beside me. I turned to him and raised my eyebrows.

''If you were trying to follow me without being noticed, you're not doing a very good job.'' I said playfully and he chuckled.

''Who said I didn't want to be noticed?'' he asked and I smirked.

We walked in silence for a minute before he spoke again.

''I'm Tom.'' he held out his hand.

''Kate.'' I told him, ignoring the hand that he had offered. Lest we forget, I was playing hard to get. He looked slightly put off at the fact that I hadn't shaken his hand, yet intrigued at the same time.

''So h-''

''TOM!'' another voice interrupted from somewhere far behind us. I saw Tom mouth a few curses before he responded.

''JA?'' he called back.

''I'll see you around.'' I told him and then quickened my pace to get ahead of him.

''Wait when-''

''TOM!''

''Shit.'' I heard him say as I walked off.

In my opinion, this first official encounter had gone smoothly. Now the boy with the dreadlocks had a name, and it was Tom.