What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Forty-seven

''It was just weird Jess. I mean one minute, we're you know, in the backseat of his car doing our thing, and then all of a sudden we're just lying there and it's like every wall I had put up to avoid feeling anything for him just melted away and I could feel, I mean I felt… but then I just closed up and all the walls seemed to spring back up at once.''

''He seems to have that effect on you.'' Jessica said and the popped a spoonful of noodles in her mouth.

''But he's not supposed to, I mean ok, before it was alright when it didn't matter whether or not I had feelings other than lust for him, but now it's different. Now it does matter because I can't have feelings for him.'' I said and she quickly swallowed before speaking.

''Why not?'' she asked. How was it that even though she only asked the simple questions, they were the hardest to answer?

''Because of who he is, who I am. He's the 'most sexually active member of the group','' I said in a mock announcer voice. ''and I'm the daughter of his record label's owner who doesn't give a flying rats ass about the kind of music he plays.''

''So?''

''Jessica!'' I screamed.

''Yea?'' she replied.

''I don't know, I'm just frustrated I guess. I hate that he can do that to me.'' I sighed, stirring my macaroni and cheese a little.

''I don't know what to tell you, cause quite frankly when I like a guy, I don’t try to fight it. I just go with the flow.'' She said, putting more macaroni in her mouth.

''I don't like him! I did, it's past tense.'' I said defensively.

''Whatever babe. All I know is that your macaroni is going to go cold if you wait any longer.''

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''Hi mom.'' I said when she opened the door.

''Tom! How was your vacation?'' my mother asked as she hugged me.

''It was good.'' I told her.

''And this must be the girl from the picture!'' she said, looking at Kate who stood silently beside me. I almost died when she produced a copy of the magazine with the pictures of us in it.

''Mom.'' I whined, rolling my eyes.

''She's your girlfriend?'' my mom asked.

''No, we're just-''

''Having sex every other night.'' Bill said, appearing in the doorway behind my mother. I stared at him wide-eyed. I couldn't believe he'd just told her that.

''As long as there are no more children.'' My mother said, stepping out of the doorway. I was mortified but I heard Kate giggle beside me and I turned to see the cutest smirk on her face.

We walked into the house and my mom lead us into the dining room where everyone was waiting to have dinner.

''What took you so long?'' Gustav asked.

''Wind up in the backseat of your car again?'' Georg asked and my eyes went wide again. What was the matter with these people? Couldn't they see that my mother was right there?

''She'll be pregnant before the end of the month.'' Bill sighed and if I could have reached him, I would have rung his neck. My mom simply shook her head with a smile as if it was normal dinner conversation.

''So like I was saying, we have to go all the way down there to do that show. You're going down on Kate right Tom?'' Gustav asked and I choked on the water in my mouth.

''Excuse me?'' I asked, looking nervously at my mom.

''You're going down with Kate right? For the show?'' Gustav said.

''Um yea I think so.'' I said, trying to remember what show he was talking about.

''They go down together all the time, it's not even surprising anymore.'' He said and I wanted to just die.

I looked to Kate who was still silent, still smiling. Thank god she wasn't freaking out about this. But then again, it was my mom, not her dad. If he were here she'd probably have a stroke.

''Sorry I'm late.'' Mr. Reed said as he joined us in the dining room. Oh god, let's just get a priest in here while we're at it.

''Hi daddy.'' Kate said sweetly. It was the first time she'd spoken since we got here and she didn't sound bothered in the slightest by the conversation.

''So where do I jump into this conversation?'' Mr. Reed asked.

''You could try to jump in between Tom and your daughter but I don't think you'd have much luck with that.'' Bill said with a smirk and I kicked him under the table.

Most of dinner went like that, everyone putting in their two cents about my sex life and me being absolutely horrified at the things they were saying in front of our parents.

When dinner was finally over I looked to the girl next to me and she smiled. I took her hand and walked upstairs with the blonde girl from the other night.

''Don't listen to them, you're amazing.'' The girl said as we lay on the bed in the spare bedroom.

I smiled and she kissed me, running her tongue over my bottom lip. She deepened the kiss and I wrapped my arms around her. She rolled us so that I was on top of her and then pulled away.

''You like it better like this.'' Kate said from underneath me. I leaned back down to kiss her and-

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

I was jolted from my dream by my alarm clock.

I took a deep breath. Talk about twisted. The dream played again quickly in my head and even though I knew it was a dream, I was still quite horrified by what they had been saying.

The very end of my dream flashed through my mind. The part where the blonde girl turned back into Kate and she told me I liked it better like that stood out particularly in my mind. Probably because she was right. I liked it better when I was on top, yea, that's what she meant.

While I was with that blonde the other night I couldn't stop comparing her to Kate. I let out a bark of a laugh as I realized that Kate had that effect on me even in my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
So how many of you were confused by that? I mean, before I said it was a dream.

Just so you all know, today is my last day of double posting. There will be another chapter posted tonight between 7:30 and 8:30 but next week i'm going back to posting one a day and I'll be posting between 7 and 8 p.m. (EST)

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and/or commenting! I really appreciate it!