What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Fifty-three

*~Tom's Point of View~*

It'd been about a week and a half since I'd seen Kate and I felt like I was going to explode.

Going from sex every other night to a week of absolutely nothing was a very hard transition. Yea I said absolutely nothing, I hadn't been with anyone else since that day in the back of my car with Kate. I just couldn't find it in myself to bring another girl home when part of me was worried –and hoping- that she'd be there waiting. Sure I could have brought someone home just one night, but what if that was the night she showed up?

Imagine what I felt like now, a week later, she hadn't shown up at all and I hadn't been laid once. But here I was for some absolutely ludicrous reason, at my apartment when I could be out finding someone to bring back, waiting to anxiously to see if she was going to come tonight.

I'm such an idiot.

I had decided that my excuse for staying in tonight was that I still needed to unpack. My suitcase had been sitting in the corner of my room since I got back and I was starting to run out of clothes.

I went to my room and lifted my suitcase onto my bed. I was pretty sure I'd worn everything, but I may as well sort the clothes now so that I didn't have to do it later. Plus, it was something to keep my mind off the fact that Kate probably wasn’t going to show up at my door, filled with a burning desire for me.

Dark, light, will-that-change-the-colour-of-my-socks? I thought as I put my clothes into piles on my floor. I grabbed a shirt, shook it out and then heard something hit the floor. I looked around to see what had dropped and furrowed my eyebrows when I saw something I didn't recognize…at first.

I picked up the tiny article of clothing and wondered how it got here. It was one of Kate's bikini tops. She'd probably left it in my room one morning and then it probably got wrapped up in my shirt.

It made me think back to all those nights at the resort, which reminded me why exactly I was here waiting, hoping, that she'd come over.

But then again, why did I have to wait for her? I knew where she lived and if she wasn't home, oh well, I'd go out instead. At least then I'd know for sure that she wasn't coming.

I grabbed my keys and left my apartment.

*~Kate's Point of View~*

''When are they gonna get here?'' Jessica whined and I laughed.

''Soon Jess, just calm down.'' I assured her.

Derek and Jordan were coming over tonight to watch movies. We were having a pseudo pajama party. When we had suggested that second part, the boys had told us that they slept in their underwear, to which we replied we didn't have a problem with.

Jessica and I were already changed. I was wearing striped, purple pajama pants that hung low on my hips and a tight purple t-shirt. Jessica wore virtually the same thing, except hers were blue.

We had gotten a few scary movies to watch tonight with every intention of clinging to the boys through all of them. It was relatively early and I figured we'd get through at least two of them before we passed out.

There was a knock at the door and Jessica sprang from the couch to get it. She opened the door and a high-pitched ''Hey!'' rang through our apartment. I joined her at the door and Derek smiled widely when he saw me.

''Hey there.'' He said, kissing me softly on the lips.

''I'm good how are you?'' I asked, slightly dazed and he laughed.

''Come on! Let's start the movie!'' Jessica said excitedly, grabbing Jordan's hand and pulling him into the apartment.

We gathered on the couch, Jordan and Derek on the ends and Jessica and I in the middle, and Jessica started the movie but not before turning off every light in the apartment.

The movie started out with three people getting killed and Jessica cringed into Jordan's shoulder. I laughed to myself. Jessica was the master of horror movies, gore and killing was what she liked in a movie; she was putting this on as an excuse to cuddle up to him. I wasn't going to say anything though because I might just end up doing the same thing by the end of the movie.

Derek's hand was sitting between us, half on my leg, half on his, in an uncomfortable looking, upward facing position. We weren't an official couple and he wasn't my boyfriend –despite what happened outside of my apartment the other night-, which was why I suspected he didn't just take my hand or put his arm around me. He didn't want to push it.

I smirked to myself and placed my hand inside his. I saw a smile form on his lips as I leaned closer to him, feigning fear. We sat like that for most of the first movie. Near the end, I jumped because the killer had jumped out of a bush and started beating someone with a baseball bat, and Derek put his arm around me.

It was between movies that there was a knock at the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I didn't post yesterday, and even though I'd so love to leave this as a cliffhanger, I'll post two tonight to make up for it.

Thanks for reading