What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Sixty-three

I knocked twice on the door and then waited, hoping that he was home.

It was silent for a minute and then I heard footsteps. I think part of me knew he was going to be here, that's why I'd bothered to come.

''Kate?'' Tom said questioningly when he opened the door but I could see how his eyes lit up with excitement and anticipation.

''Hope you didn't hire a hooker just yet.'' I said, stepping towards him so that there was only about an inch between us.

''I was just about to make the call.'' He teased, his lips brushing mine as he spoke.

I closed the gap between us and kissed him deeply, putting one hand on the back of his neck. He closed the door and then started to rid me of my clothes. He slid off my jacket and my hands crept up the bottom of his shirt.

We were backing up and I knew this would end up in the bedroom. That was exactly what I'd been hoping for.

I know, I know, I told Derek that I couldn't do it but that comment was exclusive to him. Practically the whole time we were making out, I had been wishing it was Tom there and if I had let it go any further with Derek, I would have just felt guilty. That and there was always the possibility I might have said the wrong name, and we just couldn't have that could we?

I pulled Tom's belt out of the loops and his pants immediately fell around his ankles because of how baggy they were. He pulled my shirt off and I yanked my skirt down.

Deciding that we'd lost enough clothes for the moment, I hopped up around his waist and let him carry me the rest of the way to the bedroom. He kissed my neck and the top of my chest as we moved and my head rolled back like it always did as a rush of feelings flew through me.

He dropped me onto his bed and I slid up towards the headboard as he joined me. I straddled his waist and unhooked my bra. He reached up and slid it off for me. I leaned down to kiss him, pressing our chests together.

His hands ran lightly up and down my back, creating goose bumps on my skin. I kissed down from his jaw to his neck. I started to suck hard on the spot that I knew made him weak and he let out a breath from between his clenched teeth.

Tom –finally- flipped me over and took control of the situation.

He ran one hand up the inside of my thigh and I shivered at his cold touch. He kissed down my neck, between my breasts, and down my stomach. He kissed my bellybutton and a tiny giggle escaped me. I felt him smile against my skin.

I couldn't help it. I had fun with Tom, and it wasn't just the adulterated kinky fun, it was the 'six-year-old-shining-through' kind of fun where you laughed at nothing and pushed the other person off the bed.

He came back up to my face and I was still smiling a little, which only made him smile. He kissed me softly as his hands worked my underwear off and down my legs.

His went next and –like it always did- his hand rummaged in his nightstand for our contraceptive method of choice.

This time was a lot less angry –and therefore rough- than last, and Tom eased slowly into me, earning him a moan from me. He continued at a fast pace and my hips bucked to meet his thrusts.

I dug my nails into his skin as a small moan escaped me. He hung his head in the crook of my neck and I could feel his hot breath on my throat.

I kissed the side of his neck that was closest to me as the muscles in the pit of my stomach reached their tightness limit.

My toes curled, my back arched, and I moaned Tom's name in his ear as I came. He quickened his pace and then came soon after me.

He road it out and then collapsed on top of me in a sweaty heap of bodies. He stroked my side with his fingertips as we caught our breath. He moved off of me and without noticing I was doing so, I cuddled into his side.

He seemed surprised when I curled against him like I did, but it was late and I seriously lacked the energy to move. Besides, when he wrapped his arms around me it felt kind of nice.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

I'd missed holding her like this. When she was in my arms like that, she was my Kate, the one who had been hidden underneath the new Kate, the one I missed.

''My god Katie.'' I said and then wished I could snatch my words out of the air.

I hadn't meant to call her that, it had just slipped out.

*~Kate's Point of View~*

''My god Katie.'' I heard him say. I surprised myself when I laughed lightly. I had expected to freeze up like I always did and then leave, but instead, I laughed.

''Your hooker can't be that good if I still get that reaction out of you.'' I teased and I heard him let out a somewhat relieved breath before he chuckled.

''Nowhere near.'' he said and then lightly kissed my hair.

I sighed. It was late and I should go home and I knew it, but it was as if there were invisible chains holding me down, attaching me to Tom. If I had to guess, I would have said those chains were a result of the exhaustion I was feeling.

''I'm waiting.'' Tom said after a few minutes of comfortable silence. I furrowed my eyebrows. What was he waiting for? A repeat?

''For what?'' I asked, looking up at him.

''For you to say 'I have to go' and then get dressed faster than a naked southerner in the middle of a Canadian snow storm.'' He said and I laughed at his metaphor.

I took a deep breath. I didn't know if Derek was still at my apartment waiting for me to come back from my 'walk' or if he left and didn't care when I came home. On the other hand, I was being completely hypnotized by the familiar warm feeling that flowed through me as I lay in Tom's arms. As soon as I admitted the latter fact to myself, the words came out of my mouth.

''Would you mind if I stayed?'' I asked softly. Tom looked surprised, but it was a good surprised.

''Würden sie achthaben, wenn ich sie behalten würde?'' he said and I furrowed my eyebrows. I hated it when he sprang random bits of German on me like that because I had no clue what he was saying.

''I don't mind.'' He said softly.

''Good, cause I'm too tired to go anywhere even if you said no.'' I said lightly as my eyes fluttered closed.

''I don't mind.'' He repeated.

My breathing slowed and I could fell the heavy blanket that was sleep covering my body. The world started to fuzz out and I head Tom say something. I was too out of it to care though and I knew I would probably forget in the morning anyway.

''Würden sie achthaben?''

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''Would you mind if I stayed?'' Kate asked and I was surprised. Tonight she was my Kate, and she'd just proved it.

''Would you mind if I kept you?'' it was another of those things induced by seeing my Kate so clearly. The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. Thank god they hadn't come out in English.

''I don't mind.'' I told her.

''Good, cause I'm too tired to go anywhere even if you said no.'' She said playfully as her eyes closed.

''I don't mind.'' I told her again. I wanted her to stay, I wanted to be with this Kate as long as she was around.

I could hear her breathing getting slower and I'd seen her do it enough times to know she was falling asleep.

I suddenly found myself wondering if she'd ever fallen asleep like this with her not-so boyfriend. I also wondered how that dickhead was treating her if she was here with me tonight, he obviously wasn't with her. if I had a girl like Kate, I'd never let her have a lonely night, I'd always be there for her.

I sighed. I was only letting myself think like that because tonight she was my Kate, the one who spent the whole night in my arms, not just a few hours underneath me. In the morning though, she'd disappear, turn back into the other Kate and I accepted that fact.

But for now she was my Kate and I wanted to be with her as long as possible. Would you mind if I kept you? I'd asked her. I was asking my Kate if I could keep her.

Her breathing was slower now and I figured she was asleep. I knew she couldn't hear or understand me, but I couldn't help but ask again.

''Would you mind?''