What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Seventy-one

''Jessica, Jessicaaa!'' I sang in my sleeping best friend's ear.

''What do you want from my life?'' she asked, her voice muffled by her pillow.

''The party's today!'' I reminded her excitedly and she perked up instantly.

''Then why are we still here?'' she asked, jumping out of bed.

It was around noon and my dad had asked us to go and help him supervise the set up of the venue for tonight.

The fastest shower in the history of people and a cup of coffee later and Jessica and I left the apartment. I had called for a car while she was in the shower and it was waiting when we got outside.

We went inside the club and I spotted my dad standing near the bar. I waved and we walked over to him.

''Girls, I see you finally woke up.'' my dad said lightly.

''The place looks great Phil!'' Jessica stated, looking around.

''And watch this. LIGHTS!'' he called and there was the sound of a huge switch being thrown before the flood lights went off and the party lights came on. It was significantly darker but it looked amazing.

''Whoa!'' Jessica voiced her amazement.

''So who are you having play tonight Phil?'' she asked when the lights came back on.

''I'm planning on have a DJ for most of the night, but Tokio Hotel's volunteered to kick off the evening.'' My dad said with a sideways glance at me.

''Oh no, music with words. Kate's head is going to explode.'' Jessica teased and we all laughed.

''So what do you need us to do dad? Just ask away.'' I said.

My dad gave us a few odd jobs to start with, supervise this, make sure we have that, tell me what you think of these, and then kept us busy for a good part of the day.

The part officially started at nine, but no one was going to show up until ten, so I wasn't worried about not having enough time to get ready.

Even after we'd finished the jobs my dad had given us, Jessica continued to flutter around, making sure everything was going as it should. I towed around with my dad and talked idly about the party.

''So what about your date?'' my dad asked.

''What date? What makes you think I have a date?'' I replied.

''I thought you were seeing that model. Darren was it?'' he asked.

''Derek dad, and we broke up.''

''What? Why?'' he asked, making the obvious switch into protective dad mode.

''I left him, I just…didn't feel that strongly about him and wanted to nip it in the butt before it went too far and he got hurt.'' I lied.

''When did this happen?''

''Yesterday.''

''I would have thought you would have waited until after the party so that you wouldn't have to go stagged, unless…you had someone else in mind?'' my dad asked, an intrigued look on his face.

''No dad, I just didn't want to lead him too far you know?'' he nodded.

''Besides, who know, I'm going to a huge party. There's bound to be some eligible guys.'' I said.

''If you think for one minute that I'm letting you and Tom Kaulitz-''

''That's not even what I meant dad.'' I cut him off.

''Good, he's not good for you.'' My dad said and I laughed lightly.

''This is no laughing matter, he could have seriously broken your heart.''

''Then who is 'good' for me dad? In your opinion?'' I asked. He thought for a minute.

''Have you met his brother?''

''Bill? Are you for real?'' I laughed.

''What's the matter with Bill? He's charming, famous, and not just looking for an easy one-night stand. That boy's looking for love.'' My dad said.

''Nothing's the matter with him dad. Let's not have this conversation anymore.'' I laughed.

''Good idea, you should head home anyway. You and Jess need to do all your 'girl' things before the party.'' He said.

''Ok, I'll see you later dad.'' I said, kissing him quickly on the cheek.

''Honey?'' he called and I turned around.

''If all else fails, you can be my date.'' He said with a warm smile.

''Thanks dad.'' I replied.

''Any time.''
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who's reading, subscribing, and/or commenting! I appreciate it!