What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Seventy-two

''Kate! Did you take my shoes?'' Jessica called through the wall.

''No.'' I replied. I heard footsteps coming towards my room.

''Yes you did you liar!'' she said, pointing at my feet.

''Oh, you meant these ones? Please can I wear them? Please, please, please?'' I asked, folding my hands to accompany my begging.

''Fine.'' She rolled her eyes and headed for my closet.

''What are you looking for?'' I asked as she searched my closet.

''Well if you're wearing those, I want…'' she trailed off.

''These?'' I suggested, holding up a pair of heels.

''Yes!'' she said happily, taking them from me.

''What do you think?'' she asked, twirling in front of me.

''I'd totally do you.'' I said and she laughed.

''What about me?'' I asked.

''Tom is going to take you right there in the middle of the club.'' Jessica said and I laughed.

The dress I was wearing had a very low v-neck and made my boobs look amazing, giving me perfect cleavage. Complete with Jessica's black FMPs –fuck me pumps- I was confident in my ability to start a riot.

''What time is it?'' Jessica asked as she looked herself over in my mirror.

''About nine-thirty.'' I told her.

''Then we'd better go!'' she said and I grabbed my purse.

There was a car waiting when we left the building and it took us to the club.

It was dark out and the red carpet laid out in the distance between the curb and the front of the club was already lined with photographers. A few pictures were snapped of Jessica and me as we made our way inside but I imagined there would be a bigger reception for the guests who followed.

When we got inside, there were a few people there and I spotted my dad talking to a man in an expensive looking suit.

''Girls! The two of you look beautiful!'' my dad said when we made our way over to him.

''Ron, this is my daughter Kate and her friend Jessica. Girls this is Ron Stewart, we went to school together.'' My dad said, gesturing between the three of us respectively.

I could hear the photographers outside suddenly going nuts and I turned to see who had arrived.

''It looks like our performers are here.'' my dad said as the four boys of Tokio Hotel walked in.

''Excuse me.'' He said to Ron and my dad, Jessica and I went to greet the most recent guests.

''Boys! Glad you came.'' My dad said, shaking everyone's hand.

''How could we not?'' Bill asked and my dad chuckled lightly.

''You boys have met my daughter before.'' My dad said and Bill, Georg, and Gustav, all smiled politely as they reached out to shake my hand.

Tom though was a different story. I could practically feel him peeling off my clothes with his eyes. When I reached my hand towards him, instead of shaking it like he should have in front of my dad, he raised it to his lips and gently kissed the back.

''And this is my friend Jessica.'' I said. ''This is Bill, Tom, Gustav, and Georg.''

''Nice to meet you.'' She said, a smile illuminating her face as she shook everyone's hand.

''You boys had better go and get ready for your show.'' My dad said, looking warily at Tom whose eyes were still glued to me.

The boys excused themselves and went to go get ready. Jessica and I stayed at the door to help my dad greet the many guests on the star-studded list. There were a lot of artists there that I didn't know because of my affliction to their genre of music, but my dad was quick to make small talk so that that fact remained sweetly under the rug.

At around ten after ten, mostly everyone was there, and Tokio Hotel took the stage. My dad introduced them and then joined Jessica and I in the front row. He didn't stay there long though, we were right beside the speaker and I figured he didn't want to end up with a headache before the night had even started.

They started to play a song I'd never heard before but Jessica knew some of the words.

As Tom played, an orgasm-ish look took its place on his face. I smiled. I remembered the look from the morning he played for me at the resort.

''You know this is a love song?'' Jessica yelled in my ear, although I could barely hear her. The song was called 'Monsoon' I assumed because he kept singing it.

''It's about how you have to go through a monsoon for your love and whatnot.'' She continued.

''Just me and you.'' Bill sang the song to it's close and the audience applauded wildly.

''Thank you!'' Bill said, out of breath and smiling widely and then the four of them were joined on stage by my dad who had rematerialized.

''Give it up for Tokio Hotel!'' my dad yelled and the crowd screamed again.

The boys left the stage and my dad made a quick speech, thanking everyone for coming and wishing them a good evening. When he left the stage, the DJ took over and music started to pulse through the club. I grabbed Jessica.

It was time to dance.