What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Seventy-eight

''What do you mean you're with the Kaulitz boy?'' my dad demanded angrily.

''He's my boyfriend dad.'' I told him, my voice low.

''I specifically told you not to start anything with him Kate!'' my dad roared.

''Dad I love him! And he loves me too!''

''He's just going to hurt you and you know it as well as I do!''

''No he wont dad! He loves me!'' I shouted.

''I warned you Kate, I told you not to get involved with Tom Kaulitz and you went and did it anyway.'' He said, shaking his head.

Jenkins dragged and unwilling Tom out of the car and hauled him over to where my dad was standing.

''Daddy what are you doing?'' I asked, wide-eyed.

''I warned you, I told you the consequences would be more severe this time.'' My dad said.

''Daddy no!'' I pleaded as he pushed Tom closer to the edge of the cliff.

''I told you not to Kate, and now you've got to face the consequences.''

My eyes went wide as he extended his arms to their fullest and pushed a horrified yet almost apologetic looking Tom straight over the edge.

I jolted awaked, my eyes popping open and my heart racing in my chest.

I looked around me. I was still in Tom's apartment and he was still lying next to me, he hadn't been pushed off a cliff by my angry father. It was a dream.

I nestled back against Tom, my head on the pillow beside him. His mouth hung open slightly as he slept and I smiled. I raised one of my hands to his face and lightly traced the shape of his perfect lips with my index finger.

His blank, asleep expression turned into a small smile as he came to. His eyes opened slowly and he looked at me with a loving smile.

''Hey babe.'' He said, his voice a little raspy from sleeping with his mouth open.

''Hey.'' I replied, retracting my hand from his face and putting it on his bare chest.

''How'd you sleep?'' he asked.

''Good, but I had the weirdest dream. It's kind of fuzzy now but you were there and so was…my dad.'' I said, groaning slightly.

''Your dad?'' he asked warily.

''We're going to have to tell him sometime. If he finds out from anyone but me he'll have a hemorrhage.''

''So it's got to be soon then?'' he asked.

''Well we could keep this quiet for a bit if you don't want to have to tell him right away.'' I said quickly. I didn't want to rush Tom into making a confession to my dad that could very well cost him his life…or his manhood.

''No, soon.'' He said and I raised my eyebrow.

''If it means we can be together all the time then I'd tell your dad about us three times over.''

''That's why I love you.'' I smiled.

''That and I don't know how long I can keep my hands off of you.'' He said with a smirk, tightening his arms around me and kissing me lightly.

''So how are we going to do this? Slip a note under his door and then move to Cuba?'' Tom asked and I laughed lightly.

''Well it's definitely got to be in a public place with lots of witnesses.'' I said and he nodded in agreement.

''Tomorrow night then?'' I suggested.

''Good, that gives me a night to write out my will.'' He said playfully.

''Actually, I was thinking you could spend the night at my place tonight.'' I said almost meekly.

''Sounds good to me.'' he said with a soft smile.

''And then the next night we'll break the news to my dad.'' And the smile vanished from Tom's face like someone had ripped it off.

''Calm down, it's not like you're telling him you got me pregnant or something like that.'' I teased lightly.

''For the reaction I'm going to get, I may as well be.'' He said.

''Don't worry, I'll hold your hand for good luck.'' I said.

''I'm going to need all the luck I can get.''

''What would you have done if the test I took the other day had come back positive and I was pregnant?'' I asked after a minute of silence. Tom thought about it.

''I don't know how good of a father I could have been, but there's no way in hell I'd leave you.'' He finally said.

''Even if I was carrying a little Tom?'' I asked playfully.

''They'd have to pry me away with the jaws of life.'' He smiled. ''You're pretty much my world.''

''I love you Tom.'' I said, reflecting his smile.

''More than you know babe.''