What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Seventy-nine

''I don't know how Jessica is after last night so if we go in and she's naked, cover your eyes.'' I told Tom as I unlocked the door to my apartment.

''Hello?'' I called as we stepped inside.

''Shh!'' I was immediately shushed by Jessica lying limp on the counter. She was on a barstool but with her upper body spread across the marble counter top.

''I'll never drink again.'' she muttered when I walked over to her.

''You always say that.'' I laughed.

''I mean it this time.'' She assured me.

''Have you taken anything?'' I asked.

''Nope, got this far and the room flipped.'' She said, her face smushed against the counter.

''Here.'' I said, putting two Tylenols in front of her and then running her a glass of water.

''Where's Jordan?'' I asked.

''Facedown on my bed. He's sleeping hard, I don't think he's that hung over though.'' Jessica said.

''And why's he so tired Jess?'' I asked teasingly.

''Because I fucked him senseless, but don't be pointing the finger at me. Where's the guy you went home with?'' she asked, sitting up a bit.

Tom came from behind her, where he'd been standing in the doorway, and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

''I so should have seen that one coming.'' She said and I laughed.

''We've actually come quite a way from the day before yesterday.'' I told her matter-of-factly.

''Oh? How's that? You two finally admitted that you're helplessly in love with each other and that it's more than just a feeling between your legs that keeps you coming back to each other?'' she asked.

''Yes actually.'' I said and a flat look took over her face, like I had just shut down any witty comeback she had in her mind.

''Good cause if that wasn't the case this could have turned into a really awkward situation.'' Jessica said and Tom and I laughed.

''What, no I was right, I'm always right, when's the wedding?'' I asked.

''I'll be happy for you when I don't feel like I've been run over with a garbage truck, but for right now, I'm going back to bed with my out cold boyfriend.'' She said, getting up slowly.

She was wearing nothing but Jordan's shirt from the night before. When she was sitting it had been alright, but when she started to walk, the slight wind created by her movement blew it up just a little too high. I slapped a hand over Tom's eyes and he laughed.

When Jessica was safely back in her room, I let my hand fall and turned to face Tom.

''Now what?'' he asked. It was an innocent enough question but I could hear a touch of 'I want you' in his voice.

I stepped back a bit and hopped up onto the counter. I wrapped my legs around Tom and pulled him towards me. I put one hand on either side of his face and kissed him deeply.

One of his hands slid slowly up my bare thigh –considering I was only in last night's dress- and rested just below my butt. I started to kiss his neck and bit playfully on the spot I knew drove him wild.

Just as I was about to reach for the bottom of his shirt –an act that would have been the inevitable start of some amazing and risky counter sex- the phone started to ring.

''Fuck.'' I muttered against Tom's neck and I heard him sigh.

I reached behind me to where the cordless phone was sitting in the cradle and picked it up.

''Hello?'' I answered, sounding quite irritated.

''Kate? Is that you?'' my dad's voice asked.

''Yea, hi dad!'' I said, my eyes going a little wide. Tom's face was suddenly serious and his hand left my butt to sit on my knee.

''Jessica told me you were sick last night. How're you feeling?'' my dad asked.

''Find now, I think I was just hot and tired and the liquor didn't help.'' I said lightly.

''Well that's good to hear.''

''Yea, hey dad what're you doing tomorrow night?'' I asked.

Tom was flicking his lip ring with his tongue. Although it was an act of nervousness, it was still unbelievably sexy and I had to look away.

''I don't have any plans why?''

''Because I was hoping we could go out for dinner, I want to introduce you to my new boyfriend.'' I said. I noticed a hint of delight under all the worry in Tom's eyes when I referred to him as my boyfriend.

''I thought you broke up with that model?''

''It's not him, it's a long story.''

''Well I'm sure he's a nice young man and you can explain the whole thing to me tomorrow at dinner.'' My dad said.

''He is a very nice young man.'' I assured him.

''Well then I'm looking forward to meeting him.''

''Why don't we go to that place we went before? That night Tokio Hotel came to eat with us.'' I suggested.

''Sounds good, I'll make the reservation for eight.''

''Alright I'll see you tomorrow dad.''

''Bye dear.'' He said and we both hung up.

''So we're really going to tell him?'' Tom asked warily.

''In a public place with lots of witnesses.'' I replied with a smile.

''You said I was your boyfriend.'' He said, a smile now lighting up his face.

''Well you are aren't you? What, would you rather me refer to you as 'that guy I'm crazy for'?'' I asked playfully.

''Nope, boyfriend sounds just fine to me.''
♠ ♠ ♠
Ladies and gentlemen, as you all know, all good things must come to an end. Today I have finished writing the last chapter of What Happens Under The Sun. This is not the last chapter.
But with the ending of one story comes the beginning of another.
I have posted the first chapter of my new story. It's a love story (but of course) and for anyone in need of another frequently updated story or more of my writing I'll put a link in the author's note of tomorrow night's chapter.

As always, thanks for reading, subscribing and/or commenting. I really appreciate it!