Sequel: One Last Line
Status: COMPLETE (Check out the sequel.)

It's Pronounced Mrotek, Baby

Liar Liar.

"I'll pick you up after conditioning," Andy said and kissed my forehead, "I have to run some errands for my Mom, then I'll be back."

"Okay. Can I have my iPod back now?" I smiled smally, trying to appeal to him. Maybe he'd give it back.

"Promise not to turn it up so loud that when you run you can't hear maniacs coming up behind you?" He chuckled.

"I promise." He took my precious iPod from his pocket and handed it to me. "Thank you!" I squeeled, wrapping my arms around his waist.

He shooed me away, saying I would be late if I didn't get going.

He didn't show up to pick me up.
-
I called Jay.

I called Andy's twin.

I even called Victoria and Katie, though I resent their attitudes towards me.
No one knew where Andy was.

He had to be somewhere. He didn't just disappear off the face of Milwaukee.

Wait, Tatiana. Andy isn't here. He can't stop me. I could go and get what I need, what I've been craving. I could go and ruin all I've worked for. I could ruin the trust he has in me.

I crossed my fingers inside my pocket as I stepped off of the city bus.

I didn't know if he was here, and I hoped he wasn't.

I walked into Milwaukee's Police Department.

I was ignored, to say the least.

Police men and women scurried around, answering phones, shuffling papers.

"Excuse me? I'd like to see if my friend is here." I tried to keep my voice as low as possible over all the noise.

"Friend? Miss, you probably shouldn't have a friend here." One man said, finally coming to talk to me.

"I know I shouldn't. I need to check, though. He's underage, so I can get him out and he won't have to stay his 24 hours, correct?"

"Right. Kid's name?"

"Andrew Mrotek."
-
It took them a while to clear Andy.

They checked him once, then gave him his belongings.

Then, they checked him again.

Finally, the handed him over to me and told me to watch him.

I would watch him alright.

"What happened, Mrotek?" I asked, walking away from that building. He followed me, like I knew he would. He'd follow me and talk with me and make sure I wasn't robbed or something.

"Whatcha mean?" He asked, his voice clear.

No alcohol, then? Amazing.

"What. Did. You. Get. Busted. For."

"I was..uh..well.."

I turned towards him, and his face was turning red. He stopped, too, and rubbed the back of his neck. He was uncomfortable.

"Spit it out."

He grinned, his face lighting up and the blush running across his features.

"I was stealin' shit."

I shoved his shoulder, and he stumbled slightly.

"That is the gayest thing I've ever heard, Andy! What did you steal?"

"Well. I was at Walmart, returning something for my mom..and there was this candle, Tati. You have to understand. It smells like grapefruit!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I watched Stealin' Shit 2 and
felt inspired.
I really hope it doesn't suck, because now I'm reading it
and I think it might.
;}