Sequel: One Last Line
Status: COMPLETE (Check out the sequel.)

It's Pronounced Mrotek, Baby

Unwanted Attention

Andy agreed to drive me to Zach's house, but for his benefit, I told him it was for a book that I left at his house.

"So where is this place?"

"Turn into the house that has the 5 cars."

"Damn. It's fucking huge."

"I know, but his job pays him a lot, so he can afford it and he loves to go big."

"What's his job?"

"He helps needy people."

"Oh."

"I'll just go in real quick. Just wait here for me, okay?"

"Okay."

I walked into the house, not caring to knock because he knows me so well already. I saw Zach sitting in the couch with his iPod on, blasting his music. He was doing lines and it seemed to be enough for more than one person.

"Anyone else here?"

"No. Why?"

"That's seems to be enough for a lifetime."

"Oh. Well, whatever. Just take your stuff and leave me be."

"Oh, it bites."

"Yeah, and it draws blood."

I picked up my little bag of pure heaven and walked out into the night air without saying goodbye. I was too anxious to get home. I stuck the bag into my pocket and got into Andy's car.

"Where's your book?"

"He didn't have it. My mistake."

We left and I tried to concentrate on the outside window rather than the monster in my pocket.

"Hey. Let's have a little fun. Shall we," he told rather than asked me after five minutes of unusual quiet to him.

"Sure, I don't see why not," I told him.

On that note, he took off, going at least 90 miles an hour. He was swerving through the low traffic like he was a professional. It made me wonder if he wasn't telling me something about himself, either.

"Unless you want to remain puke-free, slow down."

"Aw, but this is so fun!"

He started to slow down, but before he could stop the death machine completely, a cop came up behind us with flashing lights.

"Damn it. Fuckers always come out of nowhere."

The cop came up to our window and asked the usual questions, but before he left, he had us come out of the car. Turns out that Andy had a little something to drink.

"Miss, I'm going to need to check you," he said.

I completely forgot about the drugs, so when he went through my pockets he asked me:

"Care to explain what this might be, ma'am?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Have fun, Casey.
What's teenage angst like without
a little fuck up here and then?