Panic

I'm all alone.

The buildings were so unfamiliar. I didn't know where I was anymore. I guess I had ran out of my neighborhood, I can't really remember. I just ran. I ran from fear as it chased it. I think I was downtown, I don't know. I never really went downtown. The buildings were so tall. I feared they would come crashing down on me. I wanted to get out of here. Cars roared by me, honking if the car before them wasn't going fast enough. People were standing at the corners begging for change. Reaching out towards me, wanting to grab ahold of me and demand something. Even a penny would do. But I had no money. I just wanted to get out of here. The air was thick here too, but not the kind of thickness that tried to smother me. It was smoggy air. I didn't like it.

Wearing this helmet caused some staring, but I felt safe with it on. Nothing could fall on me, nothing could harm. I was safe with the helmet on. A car suddenly slowed down to match my walking speed. I glanced at it, my heart starting to race. What did they want? I stopped and so did the car. The window facing me was rolled down and a grinning man leaned out. "Hey, the freak convention is that way!" He pointed in a random direction and laughed. A freak? I'm not a freak.. am I? The man's friend mumbled something but I wasn't able to hear it. I didn't want to hear it. They started to drive away one the guy leaning out the window threw something. I don't know what it was but I had to say, he had terrible aim. It landed on the sidewalk, but whatever liquid substance it had bursted out and hit me. It was an old milkshake.

I felt so alone now. I wanted to be home, but all I could was stand there and cry. A cop car drove up and stopped and asked if anything was wrong. I told him that I was lost and then he said "get in". The car...? Get in it? No, I can't. I can't get in a car. It was so dangerous. It brought up memories I didn't want to think of. It was why I burried them deep. I began walking. The car followed me. "C'mon kid, get in the damn car." I shook my head.

"I was told not to get in cars with strangers." I sniffled. It was a lame excuse but it's true. I was told never to go with strangers. Almost every kid was taught that. The cop shrugged at my response. "Fair enough. Just follow my car to the station, okay? I'll help you call your folks."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short > _ <

And :3 I changed the story song~~~~