This Is My Only Choice.

First And Only Chapter.

A streetlight gleamed down on Sean's head as he wandered along the street in front of the venue the band had just played. A small smile appeared on his face as he saw the scene in front of him.

Matthew stood posing for photo's and signing the final few autographs for the last couple of fans who had stayed behind to meet the band.

"You're amazing! I love you," a girl gushed at him. Sean smiled as Matt blushed and waved at her and her friends as they left. He couldn't keep the grin off his face as he turned round from them and saw his peroxide bandmate.

"Sean... Hi," Matthew greeted his best friend, still beaming and slightly overwhelmed by the attention he'd just recieved.

"A'ite there, Mr Rockstar?" Sean grinned as he sidled over to Matt.

He nodded slightly bashfully.

"It's amazing... I can't believe that we're... wow." Matt giggled slightly, almost hysterically.

"All your dreams coming true?" Sean smiled.

"Well... yeah." Matt looked at Sean from under his lashes, pushing his hands deep into his pockets so he couldn't notice they were shaking slightly.

"Mostly," he mumbled, then wished he hadn't. Fuck. He'd said too much.

Sean didn't question him, but cocked his head to one side, smiling. He held out one hand. Matt stared, wide eyed.

"Go on, you've done loads of signing tonight. Let me sign somethin'."

Matthew didn't quite understand what Sean was on about, but that was nothing new. He obediently pulled out a receipt from his pocket and handed it to Sean. Their hands gently brushed against each other as the paper passed between them.

As Sean pulled out a pen and started scribbling on the paper, squinting to concentrate, Matt relaxed. It was okay, he decided. Sean hadn't picked up on Matthew's -undoubtedly unrequeited- feelings for him.

He leant against the wall, letting the cool night air float around him, closing his eyes and breathing deeply. He grinned, thinking back to the gig. Sean was right. Almost all of Matthews dreams were coming true. All except one, but that was one that he'd long ago accepted was never going to happen.

"Hey." Sean prodded Matt lightly with the pen in his chest and handed him the slip of paper.

"Thanks, Mr Rockstar," grinned Matt mockingly.

His grin slid off his face and his eyes widened in shock as he looked down at the paper he'd just been given. Sean hadn't written his name. He'd written three different words entirely.

I love you.

He looked back up at Sean, stunned. Sean looked back, biting his lip. A stunned smile slipped onto Matthew's face as everything slid into place.

He'd never really got on too well with words.
Matt just stepped forward and placed his lips onto Sean's. The blond kissed back softly, and Matthews dreams came true.
♠ ♠ ♠
For EmJ.