Nightmare Between Worlds

Dream Or Reality?

I was hanging around a boiling pot of soup. Where am I? How did I get here? All of those questions pondered my skeletal head as I looked around. The things I saw were a pot right below me, a casino-themed room, a big sack of bugs. Wait a minute! What? A big sack of bugs, it couldn't be. My questions were all answered once the big sack of bugs turned to face me.

"Oogie Boogie? I thought you were dead!" I yelled as he let out a weirdly low chuckle.

"Well, my dear Pumpkin Princess, you thought wrong! Ha! I, Oogie Boogie, The Boogieman, never, ever dies!" he chuckled.

"Now, Princess, you'll pay for what your father has done to me!" he finished as he controlled the lever, making me fall into the soup.

"No! I don't wanna die! No! " I screamed as I touched the boiling hot soup.

"Aura?" someone asked.

"Somebody help me, please! Mom, Dad, someone please help me!" I yelled as I was burning up.

"Aura! Wake up!" someone yelled again.

I woke up with a sudden jolt and covered in hot, sticky sweat dripping down my forehead onto my cheeks. I looked around to see Mom and Dad on the foot of my bed, looking concerned and worried. "What happened?" I asked, rubbing my now-aching head.

"You were screaming in your sleep, something about screaming for help, do you want to talk about it?" Mom asked, stroking my beautiful dark red hair.

"Okay, I had this dream about Oogie Boogie, and he was back! I was tied up and hanging over a boiling pot of soup, and I had no clue where I was. So, I looked around the casino-themed room to see Oogie Boogie standing at the control center. Next thing I knew, he moved the lever so that I landed in the pot. That's when I started screaming and boiling up. I heard someone asking my name and telling me to wake up, so I woke up only to be covered in hot, sticky sweat," I explained to them.

"Now Aura, you know that I destroyed him the year before you were born. He cannot come back to life ever again," Dad told me.

"I know dad, you've told me that about a thousand times, but this dream felt so real this time! I have a bad feeling that he's going to return soon enough and it won't be good!" I said to them. Mom whispered something to dad that I couldn't hear or understand, then he whispered something back and they both nodded.

"Okay, this was just one dream. It shouldn't mean anything. If these dreams keep on continuing, then you should tell either me, your mother, or the both of us," Dad told me.

"Okay, I'm going to see if I can get back to sleep. Night Mom, Dad," I said as I tried to fall back to sleep.

"Night Aura," they both said as they kissed my bony forehead and exited the room. I tried to get back to sleep, but failed miserably. Then, I just blacked out.

Now in Jack Skellington's point-of-view.

I watched her as she tried to get back to sleep, but kept on failing miserably.

"What if she's right? What if Oogie does come back?" Sally asked me.

"I don't know Sally, I just don't know. Right now, we just have to worry about ourselves and Aura," I explained to her.

"Okay, if that's what you think," she said, cautiously.

"Lets just go to bed and we'll talk about this in the morning," I said as we hoped into bed.

"Alright," Sally replied.

Back to Pandora Skellington's point-of-view.

I got up out of bed and walked down the stairs. I did not sleep oh-so well last night. I couldn't sleep after that nightmare. I know he's going to come back, I just know it! Anyways, I groggily went downstairs into the kitchen.

"Good afternoon Aura!" Dad said cheerfully as he gathered me into a bone-crushing hug. I see at least someone's got a good night's rest. Yawn, tired, work.

"Afternoon Dad," I said dull-toned.

"Let me guess, you didn't get enough sleep last night?" Mom asked, putting the spider cake batter in the pan.

"You guessed right, but how did you know?" I asked, groggily.

"You're always like this when you don't get any sleep. It just comes to me naturally these days, " Mom explained to me.

"Now, why didn't you sleep?" they both asked me.

"That nightmare I had kept on coming back, and every time I almost died! And it still involved Oogie Boogie! I do not know what to do. Hey, what time is it anyways?" I asked, looking at the bat wing clock.

"It's about four-twenty in the afternoon, so you have about three hours 'til you have to leave for work since it takes you two hours to work your fingers and open the portals." Mom said to me, while my Dad laughed at this.

"Ha ha, very funny. Coming from a guy who calls himself " The Pumpkin King " , it takes him five hours and his daughter's help to open the portals," I replied as my Dad stopped laughing.

"That was only one time! Forget about it!" he told me, while I laughed to myself.

"Oh yeah, I'll never forget about this!" I said, laughing so hard that I was crying on the floor.

"Okay, okay, we get it. Now get up and off the floor," Dad said as I grabbed his bony hand to pull myself up. I suddenly hear a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Mom said, going to the door.

"I wonder who it could be?" I wondered out loud to myself.

"Maybe the mayor so we can discuss the plans for this year's Halloween," Dad suggested.

"Aura! It's for you! " Mom said as she went back to cooking breakfast for me. I went to the door and saw my best friend!