On the Path of Insanity

Never Throw a Shoe at an Immortal Child

I sat on the wet grass completely lost in my own thoughts. How long had it been since grandma had passed away? Too long, I became wrapped up in my thoughts when noise blasted around me. I jumped up on my feet and looked around like a scared cat. I realized it was music and not only that it was coming from my pocket. I looked down and knew this song by heart. It was also on my cell phone that was ringing like crazy at the moment. I looked around to see if anyone was standing nearby and when there was no one around I answered.

“Hello?” I asked into my phone.

“Hi what is your name?” A voice asked trying to hold back a giggle.

“What?” I asked a little peeved

The voice giggled ever so cutely. It was the voice of a little girl. Maybe the age of five and I was really irritated. Who lets their children make random phone calls.

“Listen girl don’t be calling random numbers, actually try dialing 911 they give out free candy.” I mentally snickered at the thought now her parents would be in big trouble.

“Really?” She asked innocently.

“Yes of course! Why would I lie to you?” I asked making sure to add a touch in my voice.

“Well I guess your right. You better not be lying because when I see you I’ll tell my brother that you were mean and lied to me.” She said in an matter of factly voice.

“I don’t even know you. Why would I lie to a stranger?” I asked in a sugary sweet voice

“Well we won’t be strangers long you know? My brother and sister said that they need you and are bringing you to our house. You will be my pet!” She laughed making my right eye twitch.

Ok this girl was insane. I rolled my eyes and hung up. Then I put the cell away and walked to the store across from the graveyard. I walked in not really paying any attention to my surroundings. I grabbed some candy and something to drink. Paid the stuff and popped some sour skittles into my mouth as I left. I didn’t want to go home yet, I knew the lecture I was going to get when I got home. If I was going to spend two hours getting yelled at I might as well be out for as long as I wish. Well that’s the way I saw it, I am seventeen after all no reason to waste my life listening to my mom yelling about how I should act. I would rather be burned at the stake for being accused as a witch. And as for that little crazy girl, her pet? What the heck was she thinking? Had she hit the wall pretty hard when she had learned to crawl?

“No Beatrice was never dropped and she never hit her head on anything as a child.” A guy’s voice answered my thought.

I twirled around and what others call stunned into silence.

“How did you do that?” I asked preparing myself for the answer.

~It’s telepathy, I can even communicate with you without words.~ a guy's voice whispered across my mind.
~Brother stop scaring the human, the next couple of days won’t be good for her you know that.~ A lady ordered the guy in my mind.
~Well you don’t know she can take this calmly.~ The guy thought again
`This little party in my head is nice and all but one thing. GET OUT!` I screamed trying to fight the trembling of my hands.
~She lied to me brother! I got no candy! She is kind of moody don’t you think? ~ A whiny little voice complained.
`Any more voices? If there are please come on in. Make yourselves at home and take a soda…` I asked sarcastically.
~Wow sounds a little angry well everyone out!~ The guy laughed in my mind.
To my relief everyone left my mind and to my discomfort there three people seemed to materialized from air in front of me. I frowned and waited silently. Wondering what my chances of getting out of here alive were. They were in front of my path so not so good. They both seemed to lumber over me like great giant trees of that big forest with those really tall trees that I couldn’t name at the moment. The little girl was the only short person here. She pouted rather cutely probably reading my thoughts. I looked from face to face to tiny round face. She was really cute. You know the kids with really large curious green eyes. She had these little brown sausages of curls that cascaded down past her shoulders and ended mudpack. Not that I wanted to eat them or anything. Little teeny tiny chubby hands and a little round face with pinch-worthy cheeks that were becoming like the skin of a red apple. Rosy and soft I don’t think she was blushing but I wanted to hug her so badly. I wish I had a little sister who wasn’t snobby like Alexandria. Well the older sister turned to the little girl what had been her name?

“I never told you my name silly!” she giggled happily.

“Oh yeah huh…” I mumbled as I recalled our little conversation.

“My name is Beatrice and I already know yours its Alejandra so you don’t need to tell me!” she once again giggled.

I was getting fed up with all this giggling, going home didn’t sound so dreadful anymore.

“Well chatting was such a delight. I would love to stay and chat but I have to stay and chat but I have places I need to be.” I tried to make my way through them but they blocked me.

“Sorry dear but you can’t leave. Your mother has asked us to take you far away where she won’t see you. She actually sold you to us.” the older girl said and I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. Was this some sort of sick joke, a warning, or real?

“Sorry for this but we have learned that people leave more easily with a trick from us. Cain, go ahead.” the older girl continued.

I tried to jump away from them but Cain grabbed me and murmured the word sleep in my ear. I fought as my eyes began to close against my will and I slipped off into dreamland. I awoke by someone grabbing me and shouting for me to get up. I saw a girl and what seemed like a maid costume and she appeared to be terrified out of her mind. Great just what I needed, a spineless coward, now how would I get out of here with her?

“Stop! I’m up…dumb girl. Waking me up like that…” I grumbled as I rolled over. I looked at her and she still looked as if she was expecting someone to pop out of the shadows any second.

“You must not be in here girl! This is the master’s dormitory he will have a fit if he knows someone slept on his bed without his permission! Please don’t try sleeping here again!” she begged and ran out looking both ways.

I yawned and stepped out to cross paths with a demon who was crying while demon number two scolded her. It was who I was guessing was be the ‘master’ the master around here, you guessed it, Cain.

“Cain give me back my candy!” Beatrice wailed while in the middle of a kicking fit.

He glared at her and said no that it wasn’t lunch yet. She went to stage two as she threw a shoe at him. Now before I say anymore let’s explain where I was standing. I was standing where the little demon from hell could see me but hasn’t actually taken the time to look around since she is busy crying over some candy that wasn’t even hers in the first place. Yup, that was definitely the candy that I had bought. Tristan was with his back to me so I could see him completely but he wasn’t even aware that I was standing behind me. Ok now I’ll continue. I saw him dodge the shoe but didn’t really think about what would happen next. It made its way across my face making sure to leave a little present and nice red huge mark. I made a sound like a small injured squeaky animal and moved to throw the shoe back. Tristan gave me a look that asked why I would throw a shoe at a little girl after it hit her on the head. She began to wail once more. Dang.

“Does it come with an off button?” I asked sarcastically as I thought of a way to escape this place.
Wherever I was and find my ever so loving backstabbing mother. He shook his head no and I noticed how his hair swished along with his head shake. He was really cute by the way. No wait, he was drool worthy hot. He was definitively drop-dead-gorgeous! Sparkling green eyes that seemed to flash every now and then to blue but then back if you watched really closely. Long dark green hair that hung loosely over his broad shoulders and back. He was muscular but not bulgy like those wrestlers which was fine by me. A single necklace with a sword and a crow on the handle rested against his toned chest. He was pale but still had a little color not like paper white pale. On an finely chiseled face. He was wearing a olive green shirt made out of silk. With black jeans and some black shoes. He lumbered over me and held out a hand and I was surprised that is was warm. I had this weird feeling after the sleeping trick that he might be a vampire. He grinned, and he could read my mind, not only that he and his siblings could all talk into my mind. I had no privacy at all!

“Where am I?” I asked once I let go, why had I even taken his hand? I hadn’t been thinking.

“We have decided to let you off easy and all you have to do is keep an eye on Beatrice and stay out of the rooms that are locked. That easy.” With that he walked off and left me with my little companion.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know its long i just tend to get lost in my typing when i type so...yeah.....i'll try to make them not so long.
since i cant use italics or dont know how here ~ means thinking `means Alejandra thinking.