Misanthropy

The Phone

Ring ring! Ring ring! Went the Howard's phone.
"Hello?"

"Hey Alice! its Frank here."

"Hey! How are you?"

"I'm Great thanks, you? How you holding up?"

"Argh. I'm trying not to think about it."

"Look at it this way; it's a brand now start. No ones holding you back now!"

"You think?! Come on, you know i don't want to leave you guys."

"Yeah, we know that, but you've gotta be true to yourself and your family; not us."

"Yeah, i guess."

"I'd love to stay and chat about our problems, but Annie wants to have a 'Girls Night' cause mum and dad aren't home. Shes getting quite annoyed at me at the moment."

"Fair enough, buh bye."

"Yeah, see ya at school."

Oh god. This cannot be happening, this cannot be happening! I mean, i can make a list of all the good things that have happen this past year:
- I've gotten my life on track,
- I've got the best friends: Mikey, Blake, Frank and Lauren,
- I'm captain of the school BMX team,
- And Skelton asked me out!

Okay, so it's not that long - but still. Like i said; this cannot be happening! I'm an average seventeen year old girl and i don't fit into any category, you can try, but I'm telling you, you won't be able to label me. I'm five foot four inches and I'm ghostly pale, i have blue eyes and long blonde hair; some people say I'm an Avril Levigne look alike. I love BMX and wanna be a world champion in the future. I dress like a Barbie doll, and Blake gives me hell because of it and I play piano, I'm up to grade seven. Oh! and i have the best boy in the word! *sigh* oh Skelton, he's such and Edward Cullen look alike; he even has his green eyes! only difference is that he's tanned; not pale and players Bass Guitar not Piano; and he players in a band called the Flaming Frets.

Ring ring! Ring Ring!"argh!"Ring ring! Ring Ring! "damn it!" i picked myself up off the floor and answer my phone. "Stupid phones...-"

"-What?"

"Oh. Hey Skelton!"

"Morning Hun,"

"What time is it babe?"

"Eight?"

"Damn it!"

"Haha, slept in?"

"Yes, and don't laugh!"

"Who's laughing?!"

"I've gotta get dressed..."

"Yeah, I'm about to leave, lucky i called hey?"

"Yeah.. lucky. I'll see you in a minute!"

"Love you Alice."

"Love you too."

"What to wear... what to wear....aha!" i pulled out my new Pink T'shirt and high waisted black and white poker dot skirt, "Perfect." It was my last day of school, end of semester one for this year and i wanted to look my best. Next term it would be new school, wear uniform, new state, new city, new town, new everything! I still hadn't come to terms with it, but what can you do? Lauren had organised a surprise farewell party at her house tonight, how did i know about it you ask? I have me sources, besides that girl cant keep a secret. if she wanted to make sure i didn't find out, she should've had Frank do it, that girls a genius, i swear!

"Bye mum!"

"don't for get your toast, dear."

"Oh right. See ya!" i walked out the front and there was Mikey; right on time.

"Hey Al!" he waved.

"Hey Mikey,"

"How'd you sleep?"

"Don't even go there."

"Alright i wont." You've got to love Mikey, you can tell him anything, and hes always there for you - even to pick you up on those mornings you slept in. Mikey turned eighteen before all of us, and his rents got him a Toyota Aurion for his birthday, talk about spoilt! And yes, i do know a thing or two about cars.