Misanthropy

Last Day

"Howard, Alice."

"Here!" It was homeroom and i was busting for recess, but first i had to go see the BMX team and pick the new captain.

"Your Fidgeting."

"What?"

"Fidgeting; you never fidget. Whats wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Don't lie."

"I'm not! Alright; I don't want to be here. School i mean, but i need to be here. Does that
make sense?"

"No."

"Didn't think so." Blake notices everything. Who else would notice me fidgeting? and besides, it's not as if i can talk to him about it, because he just doesn't understand; he never has. Let me tell you alittle about my friends; there's Mikey - he has glasses and flame fed hair. His parents are rich and spoil him, but its good in away; he always no what will cheer you up, plus he can afford it. Then there's Blake - he's that 'Tall, Dark and Mysterious' guy, hes handsome too, but like i said he notices everything and can tell when you lie. Frank - she's the best! shes short, has shoulder length black hair and has brown eyes. She's Italian and this one knows how to keep a secret! whenever i need a shoulder to lean, shes there. And i can't forget Lauren, she's has blue eyes, long brown hair with the most awesome blond fringe and shes also tanned shes the popular one too, into fashion (she bought my wardrobe), and throws the best parties.
So thats my friends, they all have their specialties and their the one thing I'll miss when i move to Melbourne.

Ding! Ding!
"What?"

"That was the bell silly, its recess."

"Already?" I swear we were just in homeroom.."

"Well time flies!" That's Lauren, all bubbly.

* * *

"Alright team! Heres the deal, you know how I'm leaving and this is our last training session, well i think its time to allocate the new caption."

"New captain? I forgot all about that!"

"Who is it Alice?"

"Funny you ask Maddie, i was looking through the attendance record and you were the only
senior who had made it to all practices."

"Whats that mean? is she the captain? no vote?" Paul looked a bit confused.

"Well Paul, you and James are also seniors, so it would be fair to have a vote, but i was just
telling you, vote only make up fifty per cent for the decision. So, do we vote or...?"

"Well, i think Maddie should get it, she was runners up in the vote anyway. besides, there's always next year Paul."

"Okay, so what will it be boys, Maddie or do we vote?"

"She can have it."

"Paul?"

"Whatever."

"When now that thats settled, I'm out a here! Maddie, your in charge."

* * *

"Alice, your coming home with me."

"Am i now Lauren?"

"Yes!"

"Haha okay then."

We spent the night laughing, dancing and drinking. I didn't want the night to end.If it did, it would all be true, i would be getting on the plane to Melbourne, moving into a strange house sleeping in a strange bed. I couldn't bare to think of it so i drank and drank.