Misanthropy

That Guy

Okay, so i spent the entire holidays doing nothing. I didn't leave the house, and i didn't want to; i didn't even ride my bike. All i did was play piano, i played and played and played.

"Alice, you've got school tomorrow."

"Okay." I didn't want to go.

* * *

Now come on, come on to this tragic affair. Wipe of that make up... went the alarm.
I looked like the dead; i had bags under my eyes for i didn't sleep well last night. I brushed my hair and got dressed.
"Eww." The uniform was gross, a cream coloured shirt, with a grey skirt and jumper and blazer; there was also a blue and black stripped tie.

"Okay, i can do this." I told myself as i marched up to the office. There was one lady sitting behind a desk, she seemed friendly enough, so i approached her.

"Hello?"

"Hey, um my names Alice. I'm new."

"What year are you in, love?"

"Year eleven."

"Okay, here's a map; go straight out into the courtyard and turn left, there should be a door
and in that corridor there should be a staff study; ask for Mr. Braks."

"Okay, thanks."

"Your welcome."

Seems easy enough", i thought to myself as i knocked on the door.
"Come in."

"Um... I'm looking for Mr. Braks.."

"Speaking,"

"I was told to come see you, I'm Alice, Alice Howard."

"Ah, Alice. Welcome, you're in class eleven B; room twenty. Here's your timetable."

"Thank you, sir."

"You're welcome."

Man this school was bigger than my last, but in the other hand, less likely I'll stand out. I followed a boy and girl into room twenty and stopped in the entrance.
"Alice Howard?"

"Yes Miss."

"Welcome'" she smiled "I'm Miss. Berry, take a seat." So i did, right next to this fat kid - now wait a minute - I'm not picking on her; I'm just saying it how it is. i smiled at her, and she smiled back.
the majority of my classes flew by, and to tell you the truth, i kept to myself; i didn't talk to them so naturally they didn't talk to me.

"Oi!"

"Hmm?"

"Yeah, thats right! I'm talkin' to you Blondie!" I just stared at him, he had his shirt untucked, sleeves rolled up and no blazer. he's hair was short, black and boyish and he was pale and lanky. "Who are you?"

"It's common courtesy to introduce yourself before asking for someone's name."

"Is it now? Well I'm so sorry, how clumsy of me? I'm Joe." He smiled, but i wasn't fooled, not for a second.

"Alice."

"Yeah, i though you were lost, Wonderlands' that way sweetie!" pointing to his left, his friends cracked up laughing. Oh great, just what i need i thought.