Why Would He Believe in Me?

This Distance Is Decay.

We get back in the car and begin driving. Within ten minutes, the town is thickening, houses getting closer together.

Matt has his head out the window, singing the national anthem of America.

“Right, here’s the plan. Get into town, have a rest and some food. Then set off, drive till the evening, then stay in a hotel or something over night and finish the journey tomorrow. They guys got there in time and are at the cottage. They said bring food though because it’s forty minutes to the nearest food store and they cant be bothered to go there and walk back with all the stuff.” Oliver tells us over his shoulder.

“Mathew, Did you hear that?” I ask, tapping him.

He looks at me. “I’ve never been to America”

“Do you really think we’re in America? It would take like, 10 hours by plane. Imagine how long it would take by car!”

“Its been ages.” He says quickly, before continuing with his singing.

“One other thing. The sea?”

“Well yeh, I know what your thinking.” His head reclines back into the car, although his hair is all swept away from his face. “Before now, I would of thought it impossible to drive to America. But here we are!”
(Head goes back outside).

“It’s impossible!”

“Shup! Not listening!”

Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

How does he even know the words?

Then I hear a low whirring, and a yell.

“Fuuuck!”

Then an evil laugh.

Oliver must have had enough of Matt and taken a drastic measure. He’d wound the window up, on his head. The rest of the journey into town is pretty quiet. We park. Matt goes to use the porter loo in the small car park so me and Oliver head down to a cash point.
You wouldn’t think in a town this small, at 3pm in the afternoon, on a Sunday, there would be a cue at the cash point. Well, you would think incorrectly. There was. A massive one, everyone in the town must get their money out at this time! Insane!

“Soo..” Oliver smiles at me
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment mean alot ? :)