Why Would He Believe in Me?

I Have Listened, And I Have Watched.

“Tom, It wasn’t my fault Oliver came with us, I know it was meant to be just us, catching up. But you didn’t need to get in a strop. They have to start recording tomorrow, we have all the time in the world to catch up”

He just looks at me for a few minutes, stunned. His big blue eyes round and un-blinking. I bite my lip afraid what I said was a bit harsh, but he comes over and sits down next to me.

“Nic, im sorry if I got a bit grumpy…It wasn’t at you. It’s just Oli, being Oli.”

“I don’t understand.” I frown, looking down and fiddling with my sleeves.

“No, I know.” He gets up and ruffles my hair “and hopefully you never will”.

Well that was conclusive. I have no idea what he was on about, in-fact, I think I know less now than before he ‘apologized’. ‘Oli being Oli’. What was that supposed to mean? Argh!!

The rest of the day was un-eventful. Tom and Oliver got along like nothing had ever happened between them. I didn’t see why they couldn’t of been like this earlier when I was stuck with them?! I wondered if they did that a lot? Argue, then act like nothing had happened? I wondered if it bothered the others? One way to find out…

The lodge looks a lot smaller on the outside than it was when you actually got in there. There were only a few main rooms. Downstairs was all open plan, with a massive lounge, with sofa’s and a TV and loads of games consoles. The next to it was a big kitchen with a breakfast bar dividing it from the lounge. Then upstairs is the 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. But then there’s the massive basement with all the recording equipment and stuff. It massive too, it just spreads out, bigger than the house above it. The loft upstairs that’s been converted into like, what I can only describe as a library like room. It’s full of book shelves, then there a computer, and beanbags. It’s my favorite place. And right now it was empty. Except for me.
So I left. I skipped carefully down the spiral staircase onto the big open plan landing. Then, less carefully down the bigger less trippy staircase into the lounge. The one place I knew there would be a person was by the fridge.

“Matt Do Oliver and T-”

There’s a crash, and the butter falls out the fridge.

“Fucking OUCH!”

“Sorry Matt. Anyway, do Oliver and Tom argue much?”

“Oh yeah” He mumbles rubbing his head and pouting like a kid.

I pick up the butter and put it on the fridge shelf where it fell from. “And then they act like nothing has happened?”

“Yup, practically everyday” He says again without thinking or looking at me, a slab of cheese in one hand, and a can of beer in the other.

“Okay, thanks” I mumble thoughtfully.

“No prob!”

“Hey Matt, you’re not just…gonna eat that…cheese are you?!”

“Like hell yeah!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay? =]