Why Would He Believe in Me?

You Took What You Wanted And Left.

*TOM’S POINT OF VIEW*

“Oh my god! I so got you first! And in the fucking face!” I laugh, shoving my brother.

“No way! And you missed!”

“No I never!”

We get back to the lodge. It must be about 3 or 4 in the morning but the rush from running about the forest in the snow stops you feeling tired.
We trudge into the lounge, sopping wet and shivering as the coldness finally catches up with us.

The girl lights the fire and we all start to de-layer myself. I look around the room, through the flying coats, and people, and that’s when I realize someone’s missing. Phoenixx.

“Hey? Anyone seen Phoenixx?” I yell over the commotion.

“Um, no. Hey, want nacho’s?” Matt replies.

This takes my mind off her.

*Later*

“Oh, did someone mention Nic earlier?” Mumbles through a mouthful of nacho.

I try to reply, suddenly aware of her absence, and also seeing the look on Oliver’s face but the mouthful of beer I tried to swallow was way to big and I choke. Of course they all ignore this.

“What?” Lee asks Oliver, obviously seeing the loo I’d seen.

“N-nothing. I didn’t say anything” He growls, then lops of. Im going to have to have a word with him later. He’s got me worried.

“Oh dear” Lee grimaces.

“What?” Matt asks, innocently.

“Isn’t it obvious? I love Oli as much as the next man, but now im a little worried for Nic’s sake. I mean, his last relationship was hardly great, and SJ is a tough cookie who could handle it, she dished out as good as she received. Do you not think that if Oli charms Nic, she’s going to get hurt?”

“I agree! She’s too young! Both those girls should never of come here with us! Did you see how drunk they got, they only had a tiny bit to drink!” I finally manage to splutter after rescuing myself from a near ‘death-by-nacho experience, which everyone else had over-looked.

“Hey! I think Shayleigh is alright!” Lee protest’s, turning on me. The faltering. “Isn’t she?”

“Weeeeeell, I don’t know. I don’t really think it’s in her interest that she is with you. No offence man but-”

“No, maybe your right. She’s so sweet, and innocent, and naïve. I don’t wanna like, corrupt her…”

“Dude your totally not-” Matt begins.

“YES HE IS!” I burst out, accidentally. Im speaking more for Phoenixx and Oli’s sake here. They both stare at me, winding me up further. “Oh fuck you!” I growl, slamming my beer down and leaving them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope he doesnt sound evil :P