Why Would He Believe in Me?

If Only I Could Show You Just How Sweet This Could

“NIC NIC NIC!!! Bad news!”

I open my bleary eyes to see Mathew Nicholls hanging over me, a worried expression on his face. I sit up quickly and nervously wondering what could be wrong.

“The snow’s all gone! Now you can’t get-” He point above me bunk, to the snoring lump that is ‘Oliver Scott Sykes’ -”back!”

“Argh Matt!! That wasn’t worth waking me up.” I grumble, flopping back down agitatedly. I close my eyes and begin to drift off back to sleep, even though its broad day light, when I hear my name called again, this time in a different, tearful voice.
It was Shayleigh.

“What’s wrong?” I say, waking myself up properly and pulling her into a tight hug.

“I-it’s Lee. He said he was not good for me. That I could do a lot better than him, and that, if he really likes me” she sniff’s, her voice distorted by the sobs she tried to hold back “then we should just be friends. He said it’s better like that!”

“Tom said that to him?!”

She nods, I get up quickly and leave the room and head straight into the bedroom next door, which just happens to contain Oliver, Lee and Tom. How convenient!

“Lee! What the hell is going on!”

“Ooh, I love it when she’s mad!” Oliver winks at me cheekily. While im on a roll…

“Well if you carry on this way, you’ll be seeing a lot of it! Tom why did you tell Lee to dump Shayleigh?!”

“Wha- I didn’t! Not in so many words…just-”

“It’s not his fault! It’s just, she’s so…innocent, and naïve, and I don’t want to ruin that. She’s better off without me. If I really like her I’ll-”

“Stop saying that! If you really like her you have to be willing to make compromises! That doesn’t mean dumping her! Sure, she’s naïve but if everyone just shields her eyes, she’ll never have a chance to grow up!”

When I finish, im panting and hot in the face. Why would Tom break them up? I’m wound up enough as it is, but the way they all just sit there, staring at me blankly is just plain irritating!

“Oh come here” I take Lee by the arm and drag him back to my room where Shay is still sobbing on the bed. Matt Nicholls is looking out the window, and Curtis and Matt Kean were sitting up in the other bunk.

“A little bit of privacy?” I ask them.
♠ ♠ ♠
100 reads =] Thats prolly real crap, but it excited me! Thank you!