Why Would He Believe in Me?

Diamonds Aren't Forever.

I should of known better than to agree to this. It was bad enough that I’d let him take me out to lunch but now I’d put myself completely in his hands, due to the fact: I couldn’t skate. Not to save my life, or his.

I clung to the side for the first half hour, not moving, refusing to let go, not trusting my trembling legs. After another half hour, people started leaving the rink. I large glowing sign read -3 degree’s. The rink slowly emptied as I continued to pull myself around on the railing. My arms ached and a was frozen to the core. The only reason I was still here was the smile on Oliver’s face. He obviously loved to skate. He whizzed around the rink, sometimes backwards. He seemed so free. I had to admit, I was a bit jealous. I would of loved to of been able to skate like him, but It just wouldn’t happen. I was so clumsy and I had no balance whatsoever.
Every couple of laps, he’d slow down as he passed me, and skate along side me. But he soon got bored, and I didn’t blame him.

I’d finally had enough.

“Oliver, im going in!” I called to him, from the side.

“No way!” He said turning a full 360 degree turn and stopping abruptly in front of me.

“Show off.” I muttered grumpily, pulling myself to the door. He circled round in front of me and stopped in front of the door leaning on it, barring my way.

“We’re not leaving till I’ve seen you do a whole lap. Without holding on!” I opened my mouth, at first about to laugh, then the horror of his seriousness set in and it was just in shock. He said it in a friendly way, but their was an intimidating twinge to it. Challenging, and ever so slightly wicked. He gave me a crooked grin, and held his hand out towards me. I could try to argue? But there was no point, I’d never win. If I just agree, fall over, and get it over with. I gulped, knowing I was about to make an utter fool of myself.

I took his cold hand, and he started to lead me away from the wall. I didn’t let go till my arms was fully outstretched, and as soon as I did, I grabbed onto his coat with my other hand. I transferred almost all my body weight onto him, at least if I was gonna fall, I could take him down with me!
We moved slowly and un-gracefully around half the rink before he un-attached himself from me and continued forward.

“What are you doing!” I exclaimed slowing to a wobbly stand still. He’d left me in the middle of the rink. Half-way across.

He turned around, about 7 meter’s ahead of me. “Get to me, alone, and we cam go get a coffee in the café and go home.

“Oliver! I can’t!” I exclaim. So this had been his plan!

“Hmm, as its you, I can throw in a big, wet, sloppy snog!” he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows teasingly.

“Make it a hot chocolate, to go, and a warming hug?” I bargained, admitting utter defeat, again.

“Deal.”

I gently slid my left leg forward.

“Relax babe. It’s easy!”

I looked up as he spoke to me. Our eyes met and locked. I pushed my other leg forwards, not braking our stare. I was shaky, but moving. Every second, getting a little closer to Oli. Physically and emotionally.
I guess I got a little over-confident and skidded towards the end, hitting him with a thud. His arms tightened around me and he steadied us. Our gaze finally broke, but then reformed nano-seconds later. His face was inches away from mine. Centimeters. Millimeters. Then, the distance was no more, and my ice cold lips met his. I could feel him smile against me, and I relaxed for a few minutes. Then it hit me what was happening and I pulled away, blushing.

“Oliver, what the-”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the temporary hiatus. I swear, im back on track ;)