Why Would He Believe in Me?

We'll Take This Feeling To Our Graves.

"How do I look?" Shayleigh blushed.

"Awesome" I mumbled faking a smile. Ever since she had informed me we were going out tonight I’d had a growing lump in my throat. Lee... I recognized him. But how? I guess he probably had went to my high school. But it was more than that. His face, it had been so familiar. Like I’d seen it 1000 times before. Lee, lee. But nothing had come to me so far, and I didn’t think it was going to.

I knew it was meant to be a party, but I couldn’t be bothered to dress up. Shay had a short, tight black silky dress on, with black tights and doll shoe's.

"You'll freeze" I mumble but she just tut's. I shuffle threw the mess that is my half of the wardrobe. We'd only been here a week and almost everything was still in cardboard boxes but Shay had insisted the first thing we un-pack be our clothes.
I put on black skinnies, black and white vans and a thick gray hoodie. Her time to tut at me. She makes some comment about me really 'selling myself well' but i ignore her and she leaves.

When she gives me the address, i know the road. It was only two away from where I used to live. We hadn’t got a car, so we had to walk. The wind was strong and light drops of rain started almost as soon as the apartment was locked. Typical. This makes us hurry and within ten minutes, we're at the house. The music can be heard from the end of the street Brokencyde - Schizophrenia. Oh, so it's that type of party...

We struggle up the steps, people were making out on them, euw, and went through the open front door. I stand awkwardly behind Shay, wow, this'll be a great night!
Then she spot's Lee, and waves him over. He's with another guy. The y smell strongly of beer and when he talks, it's with a slur.

"Shaaayleigh, niiice to see ya' dearr!" He grins. "Waanna get a drinkk?"

She looks at me, asking. So I nod. He puts his arm around her and they weave their way into the crowd til they can no longer be seen. The guy he was with comes up to me.

"Im Matt" he slurs, slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Um, I don’t think so" I whisper, shrugging out from under him and heading into the house, away from the cold.

"You want me!" He calls after me, in a joking way.

I head from room to room, observing all the people. I cant help but feel disappointed. I don’t know why. I don’t even know what im looking for.

I finally see a half-free sofa. I slouch down next to another kissing couple and pull my knee's up to my chin and rest my forehead on them. I'd known all along that coming back here would be painful, but I’d thought it would be less painful than staying away, never knowing. Knowing what? Fuck knows. All I knew right now was that I didn’t think anything could EVER be this painful.
How wrong could I possibly be? The answer: VERY!

I finally lift my head up, off my knee’s. At first my eyes are all funny and bright. Then, as they adjust, I see a boy in front of me. But its not just any boy. My heart rate double, no trebles. It feels as though its going to burst out of my chest. And I feel all the blood rush to my cheeks. I panic, I couldn’t help it. I panic and run out of the room.

It was him.

It was Tom.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this isnt moving very fast atm, but when it gets going, there'll be more action. Promise.
And thank you for the comment !!! It's the first thing thats made me smile today. It's been a very nasty day for me :/ lol. ENJOY x