Why Would He Believe in Me?

We Didn't Think Goodbye Would Be Our New Favourite

“What’re you doing here!”

“I came back.” My voice is barely audible, im shaking! Oh my god.

“Yeh 1 year and 364 days too late!” He answer’s, his voice raised.

Everyone else who was in the kitchen abruptly leaves, and we’re alone. He looks no different to how I remember him. A little taller maybe. And his hair, it’s a bit longer. But he’s still Tom.

*The next morning.

I open my eyes, they sting a bit, although I don’t know why. My head is thumping too, I guess a drank a bit too much. I slowly raise my head off the warm, squishy pillow I fell asleep on.
Pillow, or person? Huh?

I sit up fast, Tom?! Then it all comes back to me.

It’s stupid really. I lost my phone on the way to America. Tom lost his skating, the same day. A bloody coincidence. One that’s made the last two years of our lives miserable, but one that can be worked out now, easily. It’s probably the least painful thing that could of happened. I mean, I felt like such an idiot, braking down in tears ‘why did you loose your phone!’ I’d yelled at him, only hours before.

I’d had an un-easy nights sleep. Anyone else would put that down to the fact I slept up-right on a lumpy couch, my head on Tom. I put it down to my mind, un-able to relax. I just kept wondering what was going to happen now? Tom seemed to have forgiven me pretty easily, but that didn’t necessarily mean he wanted to be friends again.
I looked at him, and he opened one eye. When he saw me, he grinned and opened the other one.

“’Ello princess” He chuckled, stretching. I couldn’t help the ridiculously wide grin from spreading across my face. Tom was here, everything would be fine.

We went into the kitchen, Shay was at the oven, looking fresh and dandy, cooking bacon and egg’s. Sitting around the counter were 3 boys, their heads on the table.
The smell of the bacon made my stomach turn a bit. I didn’t fancy eating. They way I felt, I didn’t think I ever would again. But all the same, I followed Tom into the room and sat down next to him.

Shay spoke to me in a cheery voice, over her shoulder, without turning around.

“I was chatting to Lee and Oliver yesterday. Well, actually it was probably just this morning…but whatever. They were telling me all about you and Tom. About how close you too were. Or are, I dunno. Then about how you moved away. About how it tore Tom apart.
She looks over her shoulder at this bit, grinning cheekily at Tom, but also checking to see if she’d over-stepped her mark. Tom gave a small laugh, so she continued.
“It’s so cute. You two, oh my god. It’s like Romeo and Juliet. I can’t believe im going to witness a true, English romance.

I wanted to correct her, about the whole ‘romance’ thing. But I didn’t want to upset Tom. He beat me to an answer anyway. A non-committing one.

“The way Lee was looking at you last night, you may well be living one very soon!”

At this she blushes, and turns back to the breakfast. Also, Lee can be identified as the boy next to Tom, as he elbows him, sharply in the ribs, without his head lifting off the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little longer, altough still patheticaly short. Sorry. And thanks, it says im not following the guidlines, but I dont know what wrong. will it be deleted ? :/
Btw, does anyone knw anything about Tom, because i dont know much, I didnt realize how important he was going to be, but he is now :S Anything?
Thank you soo much ofr the comment! They mean alot :) Any idea's are welcome too !