I Can't Let Go of This Love

Can't Let Go Of This Love

Kira POV

I sighed as the cool sea breeze blew in my face, my eye’s followed October and Brandon as they ran across the sand giggling as the water hit their feet. Tobi held Brandon’s hand to stop him from falling over, she was almost a year older than him and had grown very protective over him. She was four and so full of life as she ran squealing in my direction, Brandon hot on her heels.

“Mommy,” They yelled, arms wide open and ready to embrace me. I smiled and opened my arms, waiting to catch them. They hugged me tightly, their arms wrapping around me.

“We better get home,” I exclaimed as I brushed the sand off them with the beach towel and helped them pull their clothes on, over their swim suits. I stood up and wiped the sand from my jeans before packing up the beach bag and taking the kids hands in my own. Once we reached the car, I got the kids strapped into their car seat before getting in the drives seat, I started the car once I knew that Tobi and Bran we’re safe in the back. I began to drive in the direction of the house, which was only a short, ten minute, drive away.
When we arrived home, I turned off the engine and got out of the car, I let Tobi and Bran out of their car seats before leading them into the house. The house was empty, the way it had been for months now.

“Mommy?” October asked, I looked down at her, focussing all my attention on her, her hazel eyes glowing. “when will Daddy be home?” she questioned, I sighed quietly before nodding in front of her and Brandon.

“He’ll be home soon,” I answer, knowing that I was lying, the truth was that I didn’t know when he’d be home, and I really didn’t care.

“I want to talk him,” she mumbled as tears filled her eyes, it broke my heart to see her cry, picking up the phone, I quickly dialled Matt’s number, it rang twice before her answered.

“Hello,” Matt said, I felt my broke heart race at just the sound of his voice. “Hello?” he asked again after a minute.

“Matt,” I exclaimed, I heard him shush some in the background .

“Kira?” he asked, I nodded my head even though he couldn’t see it. “Are you there?” he questioned.

“Yes, I’m hear,” I stated, I heard him sigh.

“Baby, who’s on the phone?,” a voice in the background asked and my broken heart shattered into smaller pieces. I had read about him cheating, I had seen the picture but hearing someone, someone call him the name, that was reserved from me, that stung.

“I just called because October wanted to talk to you,” I explained quickly as my voice broke.

“It’s not what you think,” he tried to explain but I refused to listen, I passed the phone to October.

“It’s your daddy?” I stated, she excepted the phone eagerly.

“Daddy,” she squealed down the phone, “I miss you, when will you be home?” I questioned. Her face dropped at her reply, “a month.” I felt relieved at that, I had a month to figure out what I want to do.
“Okay, here’s mommy,” October said as she passed me the phone. I didn’t bother to hear his excuses, I simply hung up and put the phone back into my pocket.

“What do you want for dinner?” I asked Brandon and October, they looked at each other.

“Pasta,” Tobi asked Brandon, he nodded and I set off in the direction of the kitchen. When I had made the pasta and had it on the plate, I set it in front of Tobi and Bran and smiled as they began to eat, not a care in the world. When they finished, I dressed them for bed and helped them brush their teeth. They yawned and I smiled before leading them into their separate rooms, I tucked them both in before going down stairs. I began to unplug the phones. I couldn’t stand to hear his voice, he could pretend all he liked but I knew the truth. My husband had cheated on me, more than once.

My cell phone buzzed, I nervously looked at it, smiling when the caller ID showed Emilie’s name, I answered it quickly.

“Hey,” I answered,

“Are you okay?” she asked quickly, worry evident in her voice, “I saw the magazine’s,” she said, I felt the tears prick my eyes before I burst into tears, and for the first time in months, I let myself cry.

“No, I’m really not,” I admitted honestly, “But I will be,” I stated.

“If I’d have known, I would have killed him, I’m going to come home,” she exclaimed, I sighed.

“You don’t have to,” I replied, I heard her giggle.

“I want to, if I stay here, I will kill Matt,” she stated, I giggled and agreed. “I’ll see you tomorrow, come get me from the airport, my flight lands at four.” I smiled.

“I will be there, love you,” I exclaimed.

“Love you too babe,” she stated,

“Tell Matt not to bother calling, if the kid’s want to talk to him, then I’ll call him,” I mumbled, but I knew she heard me.

“See you tomorrow.” I nodded before hanging up. I sighed before falling back into the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want Four Comments or no update!