I Can't Let Go of This Love

Home Coming

Matt Pov

I smiled as I checked my email and saw that I had one from Kira, it had an attachment and at first I was afraid to open it for fear that she sent me a virus. When I finally got the courage to open it, I saw that it was a video. I checked on it and opened it, I smiled seeing October standing there.

“Is it on?” she asked, the camera shook as the person nodded, “Okay, this is for you daddy,” Tobi stated as she began to sing the words to Seize the Day, I felt tears coming to my eyes but wiped the quickly, I called the guys in and in minutes the stampede of men were running into the room. They stood behind me, watching over my shoulder as my little girl sang her heart out. I had introduced her to music when she was old enough to talk and she grew to love it as much as I did.

“She is so cute,” Zacky stated and I nodded in agreement, she was adorable, she was the most perfect thing in the world and I had jeopardised being in her life. It got nearer to the end of the video, and I didn’t want it to end, I wanted her to carry on singing, to stay on that screen forever, but I knew she couldn’t or I couldn’t watch the screen forever. I was going to email Kira, to tell her that the tour had been cut short, but I wanted to surprise her, to surprise the kids by being there. I had missed so many important milestones in their lives, so far. Birthday, Christmases, Easter and so many more that didn’t feel important at the time, but later made me feel guilty, I hadn’t been there for them when I should have been. I felt like a let down, a death beat dad, so to speech.

“When are we going to arrive home?” I asked, Jimmy shrugged, but I was surprised when Brian had and answer.

“We will get home in two hours,” he answered, I nodded and thanked him before login out and standing up.

“I better clean up before we get there,” I stated as I headed into the bathroom. I ran the shower and stripped from my clothes before getting into the shower, the hot water was such a relief for my warn and sore body. I quickly washed before getting out of the shower and getting dried off before pulling on my clothes, I felt so hyper, knowing I was going home, but worried about Kira’s reaction. I left the bathroom and sat down with the guys, some soap, that didn’t interest me, was on the TV.

“I’m just going to lie down for awhile,” I stated as I stood, feeling bored after ten minutes of watching the ridiculous TV show. I walked to my bunk, were Kira would stay with me when she used come on tour with me. Resting my head on the soft pillow, were I would have plenty of time to think about what I’d done. I don’t know how long I was there for but when the bus began to slow down, I became aware of the time, the watch on my wrist hand told me that it was five o’clock and looking out the window, I could see my house, the house that I had bought when I had married Kira. Excitement fuelled me as I got up and grabbed me bags before, practically, running off the bus and to my front door, I knocked on the strong wooden door and waited impatiently as time slowed and the door remained closed. The door was unlocked after what seemed like hours of waiting. There before my eyes was my wife, she was so beautiful and after all this time I couldn’t think of a reason, strong enough, that would make me cheat on her. She didn’t smile, but she didn’t frown, her face looked emotionless and as her hand fell to her stomach, I realised why, a small bump was present.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay people, thanks to all of you who took the time to comment.
Five for and I'll update. I hope you are all enjoying reading this as much as i enjoy writing it, don't stop commenting.