Shots of Hope

I Give My Heart To You

Birthdays are suppossed to be one of the best days, right? I just couldnt figure out why mine wasn't as happy as i thought it would be. It was my 18th birthday.. the BIG 18!! Apparently though to my famiy and the people i called my friends it didnt matter to them..

I was sitting on a swing at the park a couple of blocks down from my house, i have always come here since i was able to go places alone. I loved it here.. not a whole lot of people came to this park anymore, so it was like i had it all to myself. Just swinging and able to be myself and think about random things. When i had fights with my family i came here..

I used to come here with one of my best friends for the longest time, that is until he had to move away at the beginning of high school. It was the worst time in my life, he was the only one that cared about me and the only one that i could trust fully with anything. But he had to move, his parents made him. We talked for a while after he left, but as things always go we talked shorter on the phone and finally just stoppped calling each other and stopped talking. So like all people i moved on. I started to make new friends, or so i thought, and started to just be by myself. It was hard soometimes not having people to talk to, being alone, but i got through it. I painted. Thats what i did, painted aleast 90 percent of the time. other 10 percent spent doing homework or arguing with my family.

So now i spend my 18th birthday alone on this swing. sad isn't?

"Why are you by yourself" an umfimilary voice asked me. Startled was more like it though.
i looked up to see a guy about my age i would say with brown air to his ear and green eyes.

"I like to swing by myself. it helps me relax. Why are you here by yourelf?" i asked as he sat down on the swing next to me.

"oh im not sure. i was going to see a friend and saw you by yourself." if that wasent a little creppy. i just kept watching my shoes..

" well i really shouldnt keep you from that friend." i said as i started to get up to leave.

"wait, Happy Birthday Roxy."

i just looked at him in shock, who was this man, how did he know me and how did he know it was my birthday.

"who are you and how do you know that" he got up and walked over to stand in front of me.

"do you honeslty think that i would forget my best friends 18th birthday, i think you know me better than that dont you"

It couldnt be? could it?

"Jonathan? it cant be?" i couldnt believe it.

He wrapped his arms around me and planted his lips on mine. I was just shocked. he pulled back and looked at me.

" the one and only, Roxy my dear" he smirked a little at me as a smile appeared on my face that was massive. I just coulsnt believe that he was actually here. After 4 years..

" Jon, im just speechless."

"Roxy, your my one and only. i saved up for 4 years to come take you away with me. I love you with everything that i have inside of me. Please run aways with me?" a sound of happiness was in his voice.

this was everything i wanted, and more...

"Jonathan, i will always be you one and only untill the end of time. I love you.. i would go anywhere with you." with that he leaned into kiss me one last time.

He pulled aways and we walked away from that park. Away from that city. Away from those people that meant nothing to me.Forever.