Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Eleven: Lost

Image

I wanted to cry. Of course, I was far too mature for crying over something as petty as being lost in Immortal Central and running continuously with the constant fear that some warm perverted Demon man was chasing after me.

Oh yes, and did I mention that I had long since abandoned my plush, but useless for running, shoes and my dress had slit up each side all the way to my hip.

I hadn't seen a single establishment since I'd left the Manor. I didn't care, either. I was just hoping to get as far away as possible until I got back into the human world, and I could access my bank account and passport. I needed to get as far away from Harrison and Malachai and Gregorovich as was possible.

I looked behind me. I'd been running non-stop for hours. I didn't have a watch or a cell phone, but I was a good time estimator. I figured I'd run away at least 180 minutes ago.

Somehow, I knew, in the back of my mind, I was never going to meet any human civilization. That manor was in the godforsaken no man's land, and could only be accessed by some sort of supersonic-speed immortal automobile.

Of course, that didn't stop me from continuing my journey. God knows I had no idea where the hell I was. That wasn't too much of a problem. As long as I never saw any of the formerly mentioned vampire's again, I could house with some foster vampire's and they could train and tame my supposedly potentially lethal powers when I turned.

I could deal with that.

HARRISON'S POV

I returned from the private little meeting with Gregorovich, Vladimir, and myself. Myra and Rosalinda followed close behind. It was decided that there would be a mini-election to decide who would run between he and I. Then, I mentioned that I didn't want to run, and since Vlad was older and more experienced than I, we could simply tell everyone that he better qualified for the position.

The ballroom was in utter chaos. Demons, werewolves, elves, vampires, and countless other species were in uproar. Screeching, bloodthirsty beasts clawed at each other. It seemed as if every being in the room were trying to tear at the others' souls. However, this was ridiculous. We didn't have souls.

"SILENCE!" The single cry escaped from the current Head Vampire's lips. Immediately, all returned to their seats, whether bleeding or injured or disfigured or mangled or headless. Peace returned.

That didn't matter much to me right now, though. I looked to the head table. My eyes found the two empty seats where I had been sitting with Joanalie.

I didn't pay any attention to what Gregorovich was saying.

"Where is she," I snarled out, looking at the entire room full of people with suspecting eyes.

A lone vampire stood up. "Malachai escorted her from the room when he noticed some of the other creatures get a little thirsty."

He pointed toward a door at the far side of the room. I was through it in the amount of time it would take a human to blink.

I followed her scent. It was so strong; so appealing to me. Like I always had to, I gathered up my composure and closed off my breathing airways. I didn't need oxygen, but it was much more comfortable to use it.

The door behind which her scent was the strongest was locked. I didn't notice. It was ripped from it's hinges before I had time to think about what I was doing.

Malachai Bakker lay on the single table in the middle of the closet-like room. He was blinking and just coming around from some sort of reverie.

I grasped his disgustingly hot shoulder roughly and demanded to know where she was.

"You taught her well, leech. She got my weakness, she did. Too bad, it was. We were just starting the fun," the shady demon chuckled, as if remembering something.

If there had been any blood in my body, it would have drained from my face as I realized what he meant.

"You don't like that, do you? Does the fickle parasite have feelings for the appealing human? Wow, that will do a lot for her, eh? Dooming her to eternal damnation is a sure way to win her heart . . . while she still has a beating one," he said.

"Don't be ignorant, Bakker. I'm not racing in the election, so you don't have to worry about me. Where did Joanalie go?" I asked, itching to lock my fingers around his pathetic neck. The desire to know where she had gone was stronger, though.

"To hell if I know. She paralyzed me, bloodsucker. But, I'll be damned if that's the last time I'll see her," he sneered.

"You will leave her alone, Malachai. Do you understand me? I won't have you poisoning her mind before I have a chance to train her the proper way."

He snorted, and I noticed him lick his lips and smile in remembrance. I flinched. "The proper way? What would that be to you, my friend? The proper way to kill innocent immortals? She'll love setting up the hunt on dear old mom and dad."

I roared at him in fury before throwing him through the door I had just come from. I jumped out the window and followed her scent. As much as I knew she hated me now more than ever, this territory wasn't safe for her. Of course, I wasn't either, but she wasn't afraid of me. She should be.

JOANALIE

I heard a howl. It was followed by a roar. A flock of birds flew off not far away. I began heading in that direction. It was probably some vampires training or something. Maybe they were the answer to what I was looking for.

The earth was soft and damn, so my footsteps were muffled as I approached the commotion.

I saw movement ahead and stepped closer to hide behind a tree. The noise stopped for a second.

"What's that?" a voice said. It was rough and distinctively male. I held my breath and froze all my muscles.

A second, much smoother voice, also male, replied. "Nothing; come fight me you scoundrel!"

The clamor resumed and I peeked around the side of the tree.

I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. A huge, furry, sharp-toothed wolf, standing in his back legs was entangled in battle with a suave, graceful, completely hairless demon. The demon I saw now was olive-skinned, like Malachai, but seemed to be about seven feet tall and his horns had grown to be about a foot long compared to the regular 3 inches! All his features were thrown into much sharper focus than any I'd seen at the Banquet. I assumed these must be a werewolf and demon in their battle forms.

The only thing either of them wore was a single loin cloth tied hastily around their waists. Hair was matted, blood was splattered everywhere, and fangs and claws were being used.

I exhaled in awe at the same time that a breeze blew from the direction behind me toward the engaged immortals. Oops. It was definitely a new development for me to smell so appeasing to all creatures.

"You smell that, Damien?" the rough, werewolf voice asked. I heard a rumbling sound and felt the earth vibrate beneath my feet. I figured they must be going back to their regular forms.

"Yes I smell it, Brock. What's a human doing out here, and by the scent of it, right behind that tree," the debonair voice leered.

I squeaked before making a hopeless run for it. These were wild immortals and obviously very dangerous.

A dirty, gray hand caught me around the ankle. "Not so fast, precious. We've been fighting for a long time, and would love such a delectable snack."

It was Brock, the oaf of a giant wolf-man.

I was about to hit the earth with an inevitable "Oomph" when I was pulled into the air, upside down, by my ankle . . . wearing a dress.

I struggled to use my hands to keep my dress from flying away from my body.

"A sightly one at that, too. Put her down, Brock," Damien said.

I was righted. Brock kept a firm grip on my upper arm, as the demon circled me. I fought against the unbreakable grasp ineffectively.

Damien stepped up to me and shoved his nose right up against my neck. I squirmed and wriggled to no obvious avail. God, how could I be any more stupid? Damn Harrison. He would be to blame for this dilemma as well as all the others.

"That's a nice dress, Red. I don't care about your name, so you will be Red. How would you like us to do you in. Slowly, so you have longer to pray, or quickly so you can get it over with?" Damien asked wickedly. He stepped away from me. Brock let me go, too. I wasn't about to try and run again. It would be futile.

"Bite me," I snapped. Huh - poor choice of words.

"With pleasure," the demon hissed. The vibrating sensation occurred again and they both returned to battle form.

Damien crouched down and sprang into the air. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact.

I heard a crash, but somehow felt no pain. A whimper and a growl. The sound of metal being ripped apart.

Then all was quiet and I felt warmth. The only sound was a blazing, cackling fire. Oh, yes, and the acrid fragrance of burnt stone and rubber.

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
71 readers. 26 subscribers. 26 comments! I know these are really long you guys, and I don't know if you'd like my to stretch my stories out a bit, and cut the longer ones in two, or if you don't care if they're long like this. I love you all so much. If I had the patience to thank you each individually here, I would happily do so. I hope I've thanked you by comment otherwise. If I haven't, I am truly sorry.

I know the Big Bad Banquet wasn't all it was hyped up to be, but I hope I made up for it by putting some of Harrison's POV in this chapter. Really, I'm only trying to do what's best for the story and giving you guys the brilliance you deserve! I love you all too much to put out a short chapter, I think. He he, plus I have a blast writing these!

Comment me on the update, please. I love hearing what you have to say on each new development. Thanks for reading.

=]
MK