Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Twenty-seven: the Verdict

Image

"I don't know what to think anymore," I groaned at Harrison as I paced around an empty sitting room. We were still at the Council and awaiting the initiation of a very important meeting that would concern me and what was to be done with me. "First I hunt down a vampire, and then he kidnapped me. Secondly, I go into training with you and I get my ass kicked quite frequently. Then, I attend some grand ball thing as his wife, where I am attacked by a horny demon whom I paralyze and then run away from. After that, my kidnapper saves me from wild immortals and makes a pack to try harder in our friendship. Next, I don't see him around too much and all of a sudden some crazy hybrid steps in as my mentor after you get put on probation. Then, said hybrid gets himself killed and you and I start being romantic and then I'm told that I am the single most dangerous being on the planet . . ."

I sat down on the floor in a huff. Okay, so I didn't need to sit down or be so dramatic, but I felt like doing both. I wanted to maintain some humanity, considering I was still partially human, I guess. The foremost thing in my mind right now was actually how much I wanted to see my family. I missed my mom and my dad and my baby twin siblings so much that it physically hurt.

"You make it sound like a bad thing," Harrison joked lightly. I groaned, flustered. Now, of all time, he decided to make light of a situation. Wasn't he usually the last person to do that?

"I don't know what kind of a thing this all is," I sighed. "I just want to see my family and find out the full potential of my powers."

I was being pulled into a lap by an unseen force that wasn't hard to guess at. "You don't even know what kind of a thing us being romantic, is?" he asked, nuzzling his nose into the side of my neck. "Because I was thinking it was a pretty good thing."

He was pouting at me. The most beautiful person in the world was giving me the puppy dog face while nipping at my collarbone. How in the world was I supposed to resist any of that while I am lying on his lap?

"That's not fair!" I whined at him. He knew he wasn't playing by the rules, but that didn't bother him one bit. I couldn't stand this - not knowing what we were. I knew he would just evade the question again if I asked him like I did before. And what did it mean that he was reluctant to answer the question? Men . . . even the superhuman kind were confusing!

"It could be if you would give in," he insinuated in a breathy voice by my ear. At this point in time, I stood up. Thankfully, my new state of being granted me mighty temperance as well.

"I don't know if I like this side of you or not. You change your mind like a girl changes clothes, for goodness sake! Call the doctor, you've got a case of bad bipolar!" I teased faking franticness.

"How do you mean?" he asked kissing my cheek briefly before turning me around on his lap. This would have bothered me, because I was perfectly capable of facing him on my own, but it felt nice to not have to do things on my own for once. Maybe he did have the ability to take care of me.

"Sometimes, you're just so distant and old-fashioned about us. Others, like now, you're playful and charming and romantically seductive. Are you trying to give me whip-lash?" I asked, trying to penetrate his striking purple eyes. I'd never seen anything like it before, and I knew it would most likely never cease to amaze me even when I was looking at my own in the mirror.

"It's complicated, Joanalie," he said, standing up. I would have fallen to the ground seeing as I'd been sitting on him, but my newcat-like vampiric reflexes allowed me time to land on my feet and stand up gracefully. "But now, we should be going into the Conference room, I think."

"Harrison," I asked as he began leading me through a maze of corridors. "What do you think they're going to do with me?"

I'll admit; I was slightly afraid. I didn't know what else to be until Harrison laughed out loud. "Do you really think I would let them do anything with you?" he asked as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "And besides, you're the most powerful being in existence. What could they do to hurt you?"

That assuaged me a bit, but I wasn't completely reassured yet. That would only happen until I heard the verdict and the meeting was over. My body wasn't shaking, my palms weren't sweating. I wasn't sucking my cheeks in or biting my lip. I wasn't short of breath, and my stomach wasn't clenching. Apparently, I was free from all of those embarrassing habits, but I supposed the human part of me still triggered bubbling nerves.

We stopped outside the front of a large, black door. Well, that was certainly out of place. So far, everything in this damned place had been blindingly white, and now the room I am about to enter, looks like a black hole.

"I guess you're right, but I just don't know. Hurting a member of the Council is against the Immortal Law, isn't it?" I asked. "And since I am immortal, I have to succumb to their wishes, don't I?"

"You don't have to worry about anything, Joanalie," he whispered, placing a hand on the side of my neck and stroking his thumb up and down against my pulse. I smiled against his touch, and he took my hand before opening the door. Everyone at the Council already knew we were 'married,' so why not flaunt it. Plus, it gave me an excuse to touch him.

A long table filled the majority of the narrow room. All seats were filled except for two right next to each other towards the center of the table. I was grateful that I would be able to sit next to him.

I was surprised to see Gregorovich and Myra van Tripoli there, the Head Vampire and Vampiress. I didn't know if it was normal for them to attend meetings about newly transformed immortals or not, but I guess this was more important than regular meetings. I could most likely take over their throne. It wasn't like I wanted to do that, though. Truly, the last thing on my mind was being in charge of an army of monsters.

Going into detail about all of these mighty and powerful creatures drone on about the magnitude of my powers would most likely bored you all, so I will spare you the details. Basically, Gregorovich just went on and on about how I was not stable enough or experienced enough to be left along. Apparently, everyone else agreed with him. Then, he said that he had a proposition for me.

I perked up, ready to here something of interest. Harrison's hand snapped toward my knee and I could tell that he was tense. I knew that wasn't a good sign. He was on guard right now, and ready to strike. Should I have been scared? Probably.

"You have all heard of the UPA, am I correct?" Gregorovich asked the room. He glanced at me for confirmation, but I shook my head 'no.'

"It's the Undead Proper Academy," Harrison whispered in my ear. "It's for the immortals that were born that way. Years ten through twenty."

I nodded my head after that, not exactly liking where this was going, but I certainly had an idea. And I wasn't very fond of it.

"I have decided that it would be best for everyone if you attended UPA, so that you might be able to get a fitting education for such a powerful hybrid like yourself. You can start in whatever year Harrison sees fitting, seeing as your mentor has passed, otherwise he would choose. There is no room for discussion?" he announced finally.

Although I wasn't about to complain, I was not necessarily happy about this decision. I didn't want to go to school! Besides the fact that I was horrible at making friends, I would be the only one there of my kind and Harrison was way too experienced to have to go back to school. I was tired of being alone.

My savior stood up. "She will go on one condition," he said firmly. I looked up in astonishment. I knew it was some sort of violation to talk to the Head Vampire that way, even if he would be retiring soon enough. Who was running in the election anyway?

"And what might that be?" the King asked, an amused smile gracing his scary features. Myra sat quietly behind him, an intrigued look on her own face.

"I am granted permission to teach there," Harrison suggested, wearing a triumphant grin. Clearly, he was quite confident. I hoped that would be enough.

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a super long time since I have last updated. I owe that to my recently finished story "Dawn's Abyss." I haven't decided whether or not to end this story after she gets to school, and start up the sequel from there, or just keep going with this.

What do you think of that idea and what do you think of the latest chapter? ♥ comments, and thank you so much for reading.

♥MK