Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Three: Good Choice

Image

Have you ever had that feeling, when you're watching a horror movie, and you see a person being dragged away by the bad guy, and you see the victim simply letting the bad guy do it. You feel like yelling at the stupid limp person to scream, kick, punch, do anything to get away, but they just allow themselves to be dragged along.

Well, that's how I felt now . . . except I was the one being dragged. I was watching the pieces of my own horror movie fall into place.

Then, I was shoved into a small room, I know it was small because I pushed my hands out in front of me to keep from falling, and they touched concrete wall. I heard a click and another single lightbulb flashed on overhead. My attacker closed and locked the door behind him.

I regained my senses just in time to lose them again as I looked into this evil man's face. He was positively gorgeous.

His smooth, just barely too long, lustorous, black hair ignited a desire in me so feirce, I didn't know what to do with it. His piercing ruby eyes were so seductive, I choked on air. His fine, perfectly flawless, pale-as-a-ghost skin upon which two, red, juicy-looking lips resided made my body feel things I didn't think was capable. That's not to mention what the six and a half feet of rack hard muscle beneath made me want.

"Joanalie, you're coming with me," there was no room for argument. "Now that I have what I need, we have to get out of this building before anyone comes looking. You will not make a sound or I will kill you as easily as I did your little friend. Do you understand me?"

I was not the rebellious type, but nor was I the type to stand aside and take orders from a murderer. However, since I was a smart girl, and knew that getting myself killed would benefit me in now way whatsoever, I kept my mouth shut and nodded my head.

He grinned satisfactorally, before looking me up and down. Before his grin turned into a frown of disdain, I happened to notice two very sharp incisors.

"Speak." he commanded. Now, I regained some composure once more, but was still unable to look away from the inevitable beauty that was his face.

"Now, don't you think you can just go around-" I began in protest, but he backhanded me. I was slammed up against the wall from the force and blood filled my mouth.

"Listen here, human, I can do whatever the hell I want to do to you because I am in control here. You're just lucky I haven't killed you yet." Oh, and that voice! Even when growling implicable death threats at me, his voice was as smooth and melodious as the angel's choir.

I really needed to gain control of myself. This guy was completely lethal, and I was entertaining fantasies about him! I had never even been all that attracted to anybody before!

Maintaining my most polite voice, I asked "What did you need me to speak for?"

It wasn't all that polite, and I wasn't about to get into niceties, but I had a right to know what he was ordering me around for.

He stepped out of the closet he had yanked me into. I hadn't noticed it until now, but he had the grace of a swan! I always thought I was rather graceful, what with my tae kwan do and everything, but he could make me look like an elephant standing next to him.

"Get on my back," he demanded, going over to a window at the end of this godforsaken hallway that I couldn't see half a foot in front of me.

"I can't see anything," I said into the darkness.

He was right in front of me in seconds; I don't know how he moved so fast, but he grabbed me by my hair and yanked me over to the pitch black glass of a ceiling-height window. He released me rather unceremoniously, and opened the window all in about a millisecond.

"Get on," he commanded again.

"What do you think I am, some kind of slut? I -" he gave me a look that made my soul shiver, before he crouched down and faced the now open window.

I, rather hesitantly, clambered up his back. This was much more physical contact than I had ever experienced with the male species.

My fingers clamped loosely around his neck, and my knees pinched his sides. He didn't seem effected. Hell, he felt as cold and hard as marble!

He locked his arms underneath my legs to hold them in place and abruptly jumped out the damn window! We were on the third story.

I pressed my lips so tightly together, I thought they might bleed, so that I wouldn't scream. Then, we were on the ground, and I didn't feel a thing.

In another instant, we were atop of a different building. Then another building . . . and another. He washopping gliding from building top to building top. It were almost as if he were flying at 150 mph.

So while any minute I could be plummeting to my death, a question pops into my head.

"What's your name?" I ask, leaning slightly toward one beautiful ear (yes, even those are gorgeous).

He glanced back, seemingly startled that I dare speak in my state of fear. Well, damn right I was scared, but obviously there was no way out of it. If I had only not been stupid enough to come and track down whatever this guy was. As much as I opposed believing anything paranormal or supernatural, this guy was definitely inhuman. No mortal being could fly across buildings like he was.

"Harrison." he said.

Then, something dawned on me. A list of books popped into my head. I read a lot. I have a closet-library at home fillled with hundreds (at least) of books. But a select few came to mind. Let's say I had a revelation about just who - or what - Harrison was.

"You're a vampire," I breathed out, unsure of whether or not he heard me.

He looked back so feircely, I could've sworn he should have gotten whiplash. He stopped gliding over buildings, and landed smoothly on a particularly tall one.

"I tracked down a bloodthirsty vampire."

His eyes twinkled in awe, I noticed after I had slid down off of his back and he turned to face me.

"Smart girl. I chose well," he said.

And then I was falling.

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this one was kind of short. But, I've noticed I've got a fair amount of readers for just starting out. (33, maybe?) So, I'm keeping them moderate in length, but I'm going to try and be consistent in my updates. Please, comment me and tell me what you think, or the updates will be less timely. I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading!