Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Thirty-Six: Curious

Image

"You're not Mr. Rhinehart," I noted aloud after I opened the door.

There stood a tall imposing figure. He had blonde hair, and a lithe, yet broad swimmer's frame. I knew he was an elf before I even noticed his pointed ears. His hair was shorter than most elves though - actually, it was just pretty short in general, but still nice-looking.

"How very observant of you, Miss Rivers," he laughed good-naturedly. I got a strange sense of deja vu, but I knew I had never seen this man before in my life.

"OK, well sorry to interrupt, but do you know where I could find - hey, wait. How did you know my name, if you don't mind my asking?" I asked. He was sifting through a cardboard box that lay on top of a typical teacher's desk in the middle of your average school classroom, desks and all.

"I'm a teacher, Miss Joan," he pointed out with a nebulous sense of authority. "It's my job to know each student by name and picture. And, the teacher whom you're looking for would be in his own classroom, just down the hall from here. I'm surprised you did not notice. Why, if you don't mind my asking, would you - a new student - be looking for a new teacher. Have you already met before?"

"No, sir," I answered politely, feeling my brow knit together with confusion. "The headmaster told me I should meet with him to discuss private matters which are between the headmaster, Mr. Rhinehart, and myself, if you don't mind my saying."

"Well said, new one," he smiled patiently. You would expect those words to sound patronizing, but really he only sounded as if he were actually complimenting me.

"Thank you, Mr. . . ." I trailed off, unaware of the elf's title.

"You can call me Cal while we're not in class. Otherwise it's Mr. Livend, if you don't mind me saying," he replied bemusedly.

I just nodded my head and escorted myself out, not feeling it quite okay to call a teacher by his first name. It's a good thing this whole being immortal deal gave my phenomenal concentration skills, because this way I was still able to keep up the imaginary conversation going through my head even while having a different conversation aloud.

Mr. Livend was right about the fact that it was strange I had not sensed Harrison's presence on this floor as well as his own. Now that I really focused though, I picked up on my silent boyfriend only a few rooms down. It surprised me that I had so far been successful in my attempt to sneak up on him, what with all of these distractions.

I stretched past the mental conversation I was having with Claire and Shayd to be sure this time that it was Harrison behind the door. He didn't make a sound with whatever he was doing, but I could tell that he was rearranging things by the process of his thoughts.

I opened the door and flew through the air to tackle him, making sure to close and lock the door behind my with my foot. Now, I could tell you have I locked a door with my booted foot, but that would be far too complicated, so I will leave it at that.

Although I had done everything from opening the door to tackling him in one motion, Harrison didn't budge an inch, as if he had been expecting it.

So there I was, wrapped all around him like a monkey, and he just stood there leaving me feeling like an awkward retard. Dang.

". . . You surprised me Joanalie!" he said in one breath after a few seconds.

I leaped off of him and landed on my toes. "Really? You didn't seem surprised," I noted, a little dejectedly.

"Immortals are difficult to catch off guard," he chuckled with a blinding smile that instantly made me feel better. "And we're very sturdy, as you already know. That was probably about as shocked as you'll ever see me. I mean, honestly Joanalie, I was silent for an entire 4 seconds."

"I guess you're right," I sighed, my hands resting limply on my hips.

"I know I'm right," he whispered, grabbing my hands and pulling me to him before placing my arms around his neck. "You were very sneaky, too, you know? I mean, you really had me thinking you were still at the cafe with Perky and Emo."

"Who?" I asked, freezing up a bit.

"You're two new friends? You know, the faer - excuse me - Claire, and the skinny kid who tried to hit on you," he elaborated.

"You're so judgmental, Harrison," I scolded lightly. "Claire is one of the nicest girls I've ever met, and that's just Shayd's personality. He was not hitting on me; I can already tell it's a brotherly development."

"Well I, for one, am not your brother," he said, pulling at my hips and resting his cheek against my own.

"Thank God for that," I groaned before pulling back and looking up into his eyes just as he grabbed my lips with his own.

I melted into him in a very mortal-like way. His hands found the small of my back and the nape of my neck and held me tighter. I was slowly being pushed backwards against his desk. Every encounter of our tongues made me just a little more enthusiastic and unwilling to break the glorious embrace.

His hands pinned me against the front of the desk and Harrison broke away from the kiss. I took in several deep breaths as his lips made their way down my jaw to my neck, to my collarbone which he immediately attacked and found my weak spot.

Before I could make any embarrassing noises, I broke away from Harrison, and covered my mouth with my hand, pointing at the door.

It actually took Harrison a moment to realize what in the world I was indicating. Then, he regained some composure and we were doing just as we did when Shayd had interrupted us earlier that morning.

I leaped over to the box that had classroom things in it and began sifting through it, making it look like I was just in here helping out.

Harrison opened the door, and there stood Mr. Livend . . . or Cal? Either way, it was the blonde elf who I had just met a few minutes ago.

"Mr. Rhinehart," he nodded. "Ah, and Miss Rivers, I'm glad to see you found the correct room this time. Harrison, may I have a word?"

"Of course, Cal," Harrison agreed with fake joviality. I was glad to see he wasn't the only one frustrated by our second interruption that day. "We won't be long, Miss Rivers, if you would just wait in here?"

I was about to agree when Elf-boy jumped right on in. "Oh no, I was hoping we could chat in here for a long while, Harrison. I have quite a number of things to discuss," he explained before adding with a wink in my direction "if you don't mind, that is."

"It's . . . not a problem," Harrison said lightly with a subtle, curious glance in my direction.

"I need to be going anyway. It was nice to meet you, Mr. Rhinehart, and you, too Mr. Livend - for the 2nd time," I dismissed myself, closing the door behind me. That was curious.

There is definitely something weird about Cal Livend.

'We need to talk about that wink, and your first encounter with Cal, at a later time.'

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, yes this is everybody's special April Fool's Day present! I'm not feeling very well actually, so I hope this chapter wasn't too bad.=] Thanks for reading, and I would love more comments! I always reply! Ha, and I know there weren't as many this time because there was a shorter period between last chapter and this one, but oh well. I really wanted this one to go out, so thank you!

♥MK