Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Forty-Two: Love

Image

I would have private tutoring sessions with Cal every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evening for two and a half hours each time. It would be from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. I knew Harrison didn't like it. I knew Cal was happier about it than he should be. As for me? I wasn't sure how I felt about anything yet. I understood Harrison's side of the agreement. It was nice to have somebody worried about me. Then again, I knew I needed to learn control. And more than anything, I wanted to master my powers. If I could learn how to use them . . . the possibilities were unlimited!

On Tuesday, nothing of interest happened. In ER, we played Dodgeball. That was quite fun, especially since Coach forced all the students to play, including thepussy prissy girls. Let's just say it was a good thing all immortals have good reflexes, or they would've been in a lot of trouble. I knew they had the ability to play well. They just didn't want to. And that frustrated me. During Cal's class, we just read from a text book about massage therapy, since yesterday was the hands on part. In Harrison's class, everything went very well. I was worried everybody would just somehow know we were together. But both of us played it off very professionally. We didn't even speak to each other unless I was asking a question or he was answering one. The fun part was after class, once everybody left . . .

Anyways, Wednesday was mostly the same. There were lots of peculiar classes, and lunch was the best part of the day (other than that part after Harrison's class). It was the only time out of school hours that I got to spend with Shayd and Claire. We would meet up at the cafe we ate at the second day I was here.

I still couldn't believe how understanding they'd both been after I had told them absolutely everything. They were like the brother and sister I'd never had. Then again, I did used to have a brother and sister. They were just little kids. Oh, how I missed them.

'I promise you that you'll get to see them again someday, Joanalie.'

I didn't say anything. I was too upset to reply. It wasn't as if he didn't know what I was thinking anyways. It was just sort of a bittersweet feeling. And I didn't want to think about it, for fear or making Harrison feel bad. After all, he was trying. He had changed. He was willing to take me back. But I knew it would be a bad idea to be around them while I was still so dangerous anyways.

That was why I was less grumpy than I could be as I made my way to Cal's classroom at 4:29. I knocked on his door somewhere around . . . approximately 4:30. He opened the door immediately and I stepped inside.

"Right on time," he smiled. "Where's lover boy?"

"I know I am. And I don't know any Loverboys, but if you're referring to my boyfriend, he decided to let me come on my own. I mean, if that's okay with you?" I explained.

"That's adorable. He's trying to prove to you that he can give you the space you need," he laughed.

"Can we just begin?" I asked with a sigh.

"Of course we can. But, we're going to the gym," he said.

I nodded my head and began walking for the door, when Cal reached out a hand to grab my wrist. A low growl burned in the back of my mind. I wrenched my hand away, much to the owner of that growl's satisfaction.

"I don't think so. You're going to be flying to the gym this afternoon. Much more fun, don't you think?" Cal asked. I groaned. I hadn't learned how to fly of my own free will yet. The only times it had happened, I hadn't even been aware of it at first.

"I haven't learned how to turn the flying thing on and off quite yet," I confessed reluctantly.

"That's what I'm here for," he said in a duh voice.

I rolled my eyes as he began explaining to me all it was I had to do.

"The key to controlling anything is concentration. You have to release your thoughts of everything else. It's kind of like going into a state of mediation. Then, you have to look through your mind until you come to a barrier. It will feel like an impenetrable fortress, like a tall, dark castle full of power. Your job is to break through that barrier and access the power behind it," he said simply.

I nodded my head, not seeing how that would be simple. I did as I was told and released all thought from my mind. Harrison's protests were drowned out, and I began searching for the barrier. It didn't take long to find. It was as if once all the scattered thoughts were pushed to the side, the big luminous castle popped out of nowhere. As I approached it, I knew this wasn't going to be easy. There were gates and dragons and lasers and a bunch of other shit guarding it.

A voice called to me in my mind. But it wasn't the usual one I heard there. It was a different distinctively male voice. It was my tutor.

"I know this isn't easy your first time, Joan." Cal soothed. "But a lot of the times, strong emotions trigger an adrenaline force inside of you that may allow you to break past the barrier. You have to remember that it's your mind. If you will it to happen, it will happen here."

I didn't respond. I pushed him away from my thoughts, and I concentrated on an emotion I'd never explored or accepted before in this particular way. I remembered the first time I laid eyes on Harrison's face, and how I couldn't imagine how something could possibly be so perfectly beautiful. I concentrated on how his smile lit up a room and how his purple eyes sparkled when he looked at me. They were purple because he changed his dietary habits. He did that to me. The first kiss, and how he'd been there for me through my transformation. I felt nothing but love for him. I, Joanalie Noelle Rivers was in love. I'd fallen in love with the gorgeous, sadistic vampire whom I had hunted down before he kidnapped me. This was who I loved with all my heart, my soul, and everything I had. It all belonged to him.

I returned my attention to the fortress in front of me and watched it crumble before my eyes. The passion poured out of me and turned darkness to light.

Suddenly, a thought entered my mind that was not my own. It was a reminiscence of sorts. It was a memory of the time Harrison and I spent in that coffin together. But not as I remember it. It was how Harrison had wished it had gone. He was singing a song to me.

Your subtleties
They strangle me
I can’t explain myself at all.
And all that wants
And all that needs
All I don’t want to need at all.

The walls start breathing
My minds unweaving
Maybe it’s best you leave me alone.
A weight is lifted
On this evening
I give the final blow.

When darkness turns to light,
It ends tonight
It ends tonight.

A falling star
Least I fall alone.
I can’t explain what you can’t explain.
Your finding things that you didn’t know
I look at you with such disdain

The walls start breathing
My minds unweaving
Maybe it’s best you leave me alone.
A weight is lifted
On this evening
I give the final blow.

When darkness turns to light
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Just a little insight will make this right
It’s too late to fight
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.

Now I’m on my own side
It’s better than being on your side
It’s my fault when your blind
It’s better that I see it through your eyes

All these thoughts locked inside
Now you’re the first to know

When darkness turns to light
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Just a little insight will make this right
It’s too late to fight
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.


A bright, white light from where the fortress had once stood hurled itself at me suddenly. I held my ground, nearly being thrown backwards though. I opened my eyes, and returned to reality. It wasn't what I expected it to look like though. Looking around, I realized I was in the gym after all. Cal was there next to me, but he was sitting on the floor, looking completely dumbfounded.

". . . What happened?" I asked. "Did we fly here that quickly?"

I offered my hand to Cal as he shook his head. "No," he answered. "I think you . . . teleported us here?"

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
I imagined Harrison singing this version of the song, just with better vocals. Haha, no offense to AAR! Anyways, I am only 33 minutes late! I posted this at 12:33 AM, so I apologized for the half hour delay I caused! lol and if you've read any of my new stories, you were probably expecting another update this weekend, too. yeah, that will be coming out sometime soon hopefully. please comment! the number of those has been lessening between chapters! thanks for reading guys! i love you =DD

♥MK