Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Forty-Four: Caught

Image

I couldn't wrap my mind around anything that was going on. All I knew was that I felt good. And for the first time since I'd snuck out of my house, I wasn't stressing about anything. The top couple of buttons on my top was undone, and I felt free! That could be due to the fact that I was dancing like a stripper in the middle of the dance floor, and I didn't care what anyone thought about me for once.

I'd lost count of how many drinks I had. After several beers, my thought process went "Screw it." That's when I started taking shots. I'd lost track of Cal, and I hadn't seen him since we'd walked through the door. I wasn't worried, though. All that mattered to me right now was dancing my heart out in this congested crowd of sweaty mortals.

After a few minutes of continuing my dancing, I felt a hard body slap onto mine. It might've been uncomfortable if I weren't so wasted. I knew it was a guy, because I could feel the rough fabric of baggy jeans rubbing against my thigh as he grinded against me. I just continued dancing, not even bothering to look into my partner's face until his obvious erection started poking my leg. I pulled away from him, disgusted.

I turned around to see an attractive man, that I'd never met before in my life. He had short, blond hair, and dark brown eyes. I could tell he was muscled, and he was at least 6'2". Then, I laughed. He had a smirk on his face, and I could so easily read his expression. He was planning on taking advantage of me, planning on overpowering me.

Even when I was drunk beyond comprehension, mortals seemed simple to me.

"Heyy, sexy," he said in a low voice, while still trying to make himself heard over the music. "You want to get some air?"

"Nope."

Although I was about to give more or less the same answer, that word didn't come from my lips. Without another word, Nameless Hot Boner Human was pushed out of the way. Cal stood in his place, taking me around the waist and dancing to the beat. I slung my hands around his neck and closed my eyes. Then, I threw my head back and laughed a carefree, pure, laugh. It was so nice to just live in the moment.

I heard Cal inhale the air. "You smell drunk," he noted.

I nodded my head giddily. "I am! That's why you gave me all the money, right?" Then, I took my own sniff of the air. "You smell drunk too, Cally."

"We should go," he said, his hands on my hips. I looked up into his eyes.

"Okay."

He pulled me outside by my hand, and when the door closed behind us, I was lifted off my feet and he began running.

"How come you're not drunk enough to not be able to run?" I complained stupidly.

"I'm fiiiine," he slurred. I was too far gone to car at this point. I just wrapped one arm around his neck and threw the other up in the air, as if I were on a roller-coaster instead of in the arms of my teacher who I wasn't supposed to get along with while he was running me to somewhere unknown.

I think I may have fallen asleep sometime during our journey, because when Cal finally came to a stop, I couldn't remember how long he'd been running. Maybe that was because I was drunk, though.

I looked around, realizing that we were in a bedroom. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I had a feeling this wouldn't end well. I couldn't be bothered to care at the moment, though.

Cal went to sit on what I guessed was hi bed, and began taking off his shoes. I looked down at my own comfortable flats and thought better of it. For some reason, I felt like I should keep all of my clothes on, even if my skirt was already hiked up, and my top, low-cut. I just leaned against the wall, taking comfort in the quiet environment that wasn't the bar.

Then, he stood up. I drank him in with my eyes, noticing for the first time how truly attractive he was to me. I couldn't figure out the details as to why this was at the moment, but the most significant feature that stood out to me as he walked in my direction were his soft-looking pink lips.

Suddenly, his body was pressed up against mine. His hands were on either side of my head against the wall, and I felt his breath against my face as I bit my lip. He broke into a smile as he detected my nervousness. He leaned in closer, and I relaxed my mouth.

I closed my eyes just before his lips pressed against mine, and I smiled against his mouth before we granted each other entrance, and our tongues began dancing. The fight for dominance was on, our mouths moving furiously against one another's. Then, I stopped.

I hadn't heard the door open. And that wasn't what stopped me now. No, what stopped me was familiarity. The way he kissed. That was something I'd felt before. And I could only trace it back to one person.

I pulled away with some reluctance. I couldn't deny that I'd been enjoying myself. But suddenly, all tipsiness vanished from me, and I was beginning to see things with a new clarity. However, I was now utterly confused.

"Devlin," I whispered. My hand reached for the light switch next to me, even though I could see perfectly fine in the dark. The elf in front of me was certainly the same one I'd met here at school. He looked nothing like Devlin. But I would remember that kiss anywhere.

Cal's eyes widened, and he looked past me, towards the door. He was speechless. I didn't understand why until I turned to see what he was looking at.

"I knew it," Harrison whispered, before stepping into the room and shutting the door behind him.

I spun around to see my raging (hopefully not ex-)boyfriend. His hands were clenched into fists, his knuckles white from the pressure of squeezing his fists so hard. His eyes looked like there was an angry fire bubbling beneath their surface ready to unleash on the next victim.

I didn't know what to say. 'It's not what it looks like' would have been a lie. 'I was drunk and didn't know any better,' would have made me sound ignorant and irresponsible. 'It's all Cal's fault,' would have been childish, and I'm not even sure if that was Cal anymore. As Harrison noticed me struggling for words, he turned his fury on the only person who could answer any questions at this point.

"Who are you?" Harrison spat, coming closer to us. He flicked a glance at me, and I sensed he was debating what to do to me. Should he physically shake some sense into me? Should he put his arm around me and pull me away from this mystery guy? I wasn't even sure what I wanted.

Cal sighed, and went to sit over on his bed, running a hand through his hair. "Joanalie's not going to believe me."

"Try me," I snapped, insulted that he singled me out as disbelieving. I'd been turned into a fucking vampire after spending my entire life never believing in anything supernatural. Who is he to say that about me?

"OK, well you both remember the night of your coming out party, I assume?" he inquired.

Harrison nodded his head. I tried to think back. Everything was kind of hazy from back when I was a human, but I remembered that night for sure. The night Devlin supposedly died after Harrison told me the truth about him. "Yes," I said finally.

"Well I am Devlin; you're right about that - both of you," he said.

Harrison and I both began yelling before Cal . . . or Devlin . . . or whoever the hell it was put up a hand. "Let me explain."

I shut my mouth. "Well, I was out looking for some wild immortals in hopes that they would finish me off. I was ready to give up my existence, if I couldn't have you, Joanalie. No - don't interrupt me, I'm not finished. Well, while I was looking for anything that could kill me, I found an elf who was lost in the woods. He was drunk, and I think he was looking to crash your party, so maybe you should thank me."

"How do regular immortals get drunk?" I couldn't help myself from asking. Earlier, he'd said he had 'other ways,' and I was curious, despite everything that was going on right now.

"They have to drink the blood of an intoxicated human," Harrison answered for me. I shuddered, glaring at Cal. He must've killed people at that bar tonight. And there I was . . . kissing him. I was disgusted with myself

"Anyways, I got the elf really pissed off. And he was drunk, so I figured it wouldn't be to hard to get him to finish me off. I don't even know what his name was. Then, he -"

"Wait, Cal Livend wasn't the guy's real name? Then where'd you get it from?" I asked.

"I'm surprised you didn't figured that one out already. Cal is short for Calhoun, sweetie," he mocked. "If you mix up the letters in Livend, you get Devlin."

My mouth dropped open. Of course! How could I not have known? I was so stupid.

"Back to what happened to me, unless you two don't want to know . . ." he trailed off.

"Just finish your story asshole," Harrison growled.

"Well, the elf was not some average immortal. He did something to me that I'd never seen before. I'd only heard myths that something like that could even happen."

He paused, building up annoyed suspense from his audience. "He sucked out my soul."

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, sorry I know I'm a couple days late! I didn't even realize it until about an hour ago when I started finishing this chapter! But I figured I could make up with it because this chapter finally explains what was so off about our little Cal. And the chapter's pretty long, too, right? Well comments will make me feel better. =D Thanks for reading!

♥MK