Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Forty-Six: Confidence

Image

I snapped out of my trance, feeling better than I ever had in my entire existence. It was like waking up from the most perfect dream I could possibly imagine. I'd simply never felt more content or more at ease. OK, so call me an idiot for feeling these things after everything that happened last night. Right now, I didn't give a shit that Devlin was back and his soul was stuck in the body of a soul-sucking elf.

No, all that mattered right now was this bed and the vampire wrapped around me under the covers. I turned around so that I was on my other side, looking into Harrison's clear violet eyes. He was giving me His Look. You know, the one that nobody else had ever given me before. The one that told me he cared about me more than anyone else. I was so relieved I hadn't ruined this last night with my stupid mistakes.

I placed my left hand on his chest and began tracing circles all down his perfectly sculpted abdomen. He closed his eyes in pleasure, just enjoying the feeling. My hand traveled over his pale, toned muscles, and I could've spent the rest of the day like this. Feeling adventurous, my hand traveled lower until they rested at the hem of his boxers' waistband. He opened one of his eyes, looking down at me skeptically as my fingers danced across his waist.

"You're a tease, Joanalie," he sighed, his voice tight. I laughed, feeling very carefree and then retracting my hand.

"Sorry."

He placed one of his hands over mine and moved it back to where it had been before. "I didn't say I didn't like it, silly girl."

I continued as I was, every once in a while, my hands dipping ever so slightly underneath his waistband before pulling back up. Finally, Harrison groaned in frustration. Apparently, he expected teasing to lead to something more. He grabbed my hand gently, then slowly placed my hand in his boxers until I could feel his erection against my palm. That's a new one for me. I hadn't known vampires could get aroused.

Okay, then you're probably all wondering what I'm doing in my underwear in a bed with Harrison, also in his underwear. We just rested this way, that's all. It was more intimate this way, and it was our first time sleeping in a bed together, if you don't count the time in the coffin.

I smirked up at him, and saw his pleading eyes. My fingers immediately got to work, handling and rubbing his manhood. I had to keep kissing him so that he wouldn't make any embarrassing noises. Residents at this school happened to have very good hearing, you know?

Surprisingly, even while I was making out with my boyfriend, and . . . well, you know, I was still able to remember that today was Thursday, and we both had school.

I reluctantly pulled my hand away from him and retreated from the kiss. He looked a little dazed and very confused.

"It's Thursday, Harrison." I explained in a whisper. "We have school."

He was quiet for a moment before groaning again. "Only you could say something as unappealing as that and still sound sexy."

I laughed. "I don't think me talking is what's got you turned on. You should take a cold shower or something."

"Please," he grinned, finally opening his eyes and rolling them at me. "I'm a vampire, not one of your little human boy toys. I can't get my body under control without having to step under an indoor rainstorm. Showers." He snorted as if the thought of cleaning yourself was ridiculous. It was true that immortals didn't have to bathe because dirt didn't stay on them, and they didn't sweat or anything.

But that's not what bothered me out of his response. "Boy toys? Harrison . . . you're the first one I've ever done anything like that with."

His eyes widened in surprise. "Well, you're a very impressive seductress, baby," he whispered, pulling me back down on the bed so that I was curled against his side, his arms around me.

I sighed before placing a quick kiss on his neck and wiggling out of his grasp. "I have to go get ready," I apologized.

"That's okay. I'll see you in class. And don't worry about Devlin. I'll talk to him before he has your class. Oh, and the Headmaster wants to speak with you today. He was talking to a few of us teachers yesterday about it. Maybe I can arrange so that he meets with you during Devlin's class, even," Harrison said, getting up, too. Despite the subject he was talking about, I couldn't help but stare at him. His bare chest, all the way down to that sexy pelvic V-shaped thing just rising from his boxers. All of it covered in a light coat of dark hair. He was just so sexy.

He smiled wide, spreading his arms out. "It's yours when you want it."

"Goodbye, Harrison!" I laughed, unabashed. "Maybe I'll want it later."

I heard his deep chuckle as I got dressed and closed the door behind me all in one quick motion. That was just my natural immortal confidence seeping through for show. In actuality, I was clearly still a virgin, and terrified of going any further. Were we that serious? I knew I loved him. I knew he knew I loved him. He'd never said anything back to me about it though, he'd just kissed me last night. That seemed more like a way of getting me to shut up after my rant.

Since my first and last tutoring session, I was actually able to conceal some things in that power fortress in the back of my mind. Secrets I didn't want Harrison to know, like about my uncertainty for his love of me. I stored those thoughts away in the dark castle where he couldn't access them, and I felt relieved that I was able to do so. Time would take it's toll on our relationship, and hopefully for the better.

I decided I would do my best not to fret over it today. Something I could fret about was what the Headmaster wanted to talk to me about. Harrison hadn't given me many details, and I was sure he would be able to get me into the meeting during my class with Devlin. Unsurprisingly, I was relieved that I probably wouldn't have to see him. He'd ruined my life enough in one night. I didn't want to know what he could do with another day, now that I knew it was him.

I also wanted to spend some more time with Shayd and Claire. I hadn't gotten to spend much time with them, and if I wanted to make this friendship work, I needed to put in some effort. After all, they knew my whole story, up until coming here. I would have to figure out whether I would tell them about 'Cal' or not. I probably wouldn't, seeing as that was something that would affect their lives, too, and I didn't want to disturb their classes or anything with the knowledge that their teacher was the same guy who had corrupted one of their friends.

Right now though, I would just make my way to ER class, and try and get some female interaction in the sport today. Maybe I could make some positive changes around here.

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, so this is definitely a few days early, I KNOW! But if you look at my profile (where I always keep story information, for further notice) it will tell you that I'm going camping this weekend, therefore illiciting an early update. I know it was a bit short, but I'm on a time limit, so bear with me please! I know there are about 170 subscribers out there, but I'm still only getting five-eight comments in between each chapter. I'm not trying to sound all persnickety or anything, I'm just saying that I'm putting in the effort to write this for you guys, it would be nice if more people put in the effort to comment. I always reply =]
ANYWAYS . . . thanks for reading everybody! =]

♥MK