Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Forty-Eight: Surprises All Around

Image

I returned to my seat, doing my best to hide my satisfied grin at having shut down every single person in the class. I was completely happy with myself until I saw Devlin's face. He wasn't frowning, scowling, or . . . anything along those lines. He didn't look unhappy at all. In fact, he was smirking. That's when I knew I was in for it.

"Class, I think there's something I will share about Miss Rivers with the rest of you in turn for her sharing something with us," he announced.

He was still the same pompous, selfish asshole he'd been when he was still in his old body. I don't know how I'd been so thick as to not notice this fake was the same man who'd broken me. The one I shared my first kiss(es) with. The one I trusted to teach me how to be an immortal, and he only ended up stabbing me in the back only to come back, haunt me, and repeat the process all over again. Now, he was only driving the knife in further.

"Well, I know how you all thought it was a coincidence that she, and Professor Rhinehart showed up as new additions to UPA at the same time," he scoffed as if to prove that there had never been less of a coincidence. "Well, in actuality, he was the one who turned Joan into a . . . well whatever she is. The half-vampire, half-superhuman with the beating heart who could probably kill us all with the blink of an eye. It's not fair that she gets to be alive, is it? That she's dating one of the Professors here and still pretending to play Miss Goodie Two-shoes."

I was standing in front of Devlin so fast I couldn't even remember if I'd transported, ran, or flown there. All I knew was that I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to cause him even just an iota of what he'd put me through. I wanted to make him feel the pain he'd inflicted.

The best i could come up with was slapping him across the face with all my strength. Which was, to say, quite a lot apparently considering he flew back over his desk, into the window, and then through it. Fuck was I in trouble now. I just had to get out of here.

I expanded my mind, searching for the two people who I wanted to see right now. I couldn't run to Harrison, especially not after 30 kids in my Novice class had just been revealed to that I was dating said Professor.

I tuned into Harrison's 'channel' to see what he was thinking. All I heard was raucous laughter. I was just embarrassed by that son of a bitch he claims to hate, and in front of my whole class nonetheless, and my boyfriend thought it was funny! Fanfuckingtastic.

'Joan . . . a . . . lie! I'm s-sorry, but you just through the fucker out the window after you bitch-slapped him! How can I not laugh?' He asked, still trying to control his laughter. I focused my thoughts so I could see through his eyes. He was supposed to be teaching a class and they were all staring at him as if he had five heads. I didn't' blame them.

'I'm glad you think it's funny. But get back to teaching your class,' I snapped. He sobered up and tried to apologize, making sure I was alright and asking if I needed anything. He told me this was the exact reason he didn't want everyone to know we were dating, and that he would take care of Devlin later.

I responded with a grunt, before going to find Shayd and Claire. They would be in class, but I could get them out, right? Professor Rynost wouldn't mind too much after I saved him the trouble of talking to a bunch of young immortal girls . . . I hoped.

I [literally] sniffed out Shayd in his class. The teacher was giving a boring lecture about the proper dietary habits of all immortals when I knocked on the door.

"Headmaster Rynost wants to see Shayd Inglo right away," I explained. I saw my friend sitting there, with his arms folded on his desk, and his head buried into them. Why did it not surprise me that he wasn't even paying attention?

"Oh, of course . . . Mr. Inglo?" the teacher called.

His head snapped up, and his hands folded together in the air. "I'm praying!" he shouted out groggily. I would have laughed if my last class hadn't been so horrid.

Then, he saw me standing there and the teacher pointing towards the door. His face portrayed a confused expression, but he followed me out the door and into the hallway. Without a word, I immediately began tracking Claire. She was in a different building.

"Joan, you mind telling me why you just pulled me out of class, and where we're going . . . not that I'm complaining, but you know. Curiosity killed the cat," Shayd said lightly.

"Do you know what class Claire is in right now?" I growled at him, not taking the time to appreciate his patronizing.

"No . . ." he answered timidly. I just continued tracking her, dragging Shayd along by the wrist.

"Come on, you're stronger than me. I'll shift on you if you don't tell me -"

"Shayd!" I yelled at him when we were in the courtyard. "If you're just going to bug the hell out of me while I find Claire, go wait in my room for us. We'll be there in five minutes."

I left him behind, and followed Claire's trail until I found her avidly taking notes while a teacher I paid no attention to droned on about something else I paid no attention to.

"Headmaster Rynost needs to see Claire immediately," I said, using the same excuse I had for Shayd. But Claire was a girl, so she could see the look of distress on my face and instantly knew that the Headmaster wanted nothing to do with her at the moment.

We were back in my dorm in sixty seconds. Claire and I walked in to see Shayd holding a pair of my underwear to his face.

"Those are clean, Dumbfuck," I snapped at him, snatching my panties out of his grip. Claire was just giggling.

"I don't think that's the best way to get close to a girl, Shayd," she explained to him. He just shrugged.

"What the hell did you pull us out of class for anyways?"

I groaned and fell back onto my bed, opening my mouth to begin explaining everything to my friends. I liked this honesty thing. It was nice to have somebody to talk to, who knew all my secrets. I mean, Harrison knew, but a lot of my stress came from worrying about our relationship, and I couldn't tell him that. Even if he did probably just hear all of that in my mind. Dammit.

"Don't you see?" Claire began before I could say anything. "Joan obviously has something very important to tell us about her Developmental studies class, which I don't' necessarily get, but can you not tell that she is stressed out? Something drastic must have happened, you bloke!"

"Girls," Shayd scoffed.

I ignored him and spilled the rest of the story from where I left off last time. I told them about how Cal Livend, was actually Devlin Calhoun, the lying bastard that had mentored me and stolen my lip virginity. I had to explain how an elf had sucked Devlin's soul out of his old body, and then Devlin's soul kicked the Elf's old soul out of his body, so Devlin could move in. It was even more confusing explaining it, then when it had been explained to me. I told them about how he had come back to . . . to do what, exactly? Win me back? He was doing a good job of that so far *snorts*. Then I told them all about the catastrophe in his Developmental Studies class.

They were just about to respond. I knew it would take a little while for everything to sink in again. I just kept dumping all this shit (that was my life) on them, and I knew I couldn't expect them to just make all my problems go away and tell me everything would be okay.

However, I never got a chance to see how they would react. Because, just then, a voice came over the loudspeaker. It was Headmaster Rynost.

"Attention faculty and students of Undead Proper Academy. The new Head Vampire has just been elected. Our very own Harrison Rhinehart will be taking the thrown next month at his coronation. That is all."

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, it's SUNDAY, and that means it's the WEEKEND, and that means I'm ON TIME at 9:20 PM ha ha. So, yes another exciting yet romance-less chapter. I hope nobody's losing interest! But there were a few important things I had to bring back to the story, such as my lovely characters Shayd and Claire courtesy of two loyal subscribers/commenters, and the election of the Head Vampire, which somebody (I'm sorry - I've completely forgotten who) brought to my attention that I'd forgotten to tell who the hell won the election! Anyways, there you go. We'll see how everything pans out!

♥MK