Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Fifty: The Reason

Image

"So, what? Now it's all over school?" I screeched. Harrison and I had returned to my dorm to find Shayd and Claire waiting outside of it. They were obviously not surprised to see the two of us together, but now they just informed me that nobody else would be either. AKA, Devlin told everybody in the entire fucking school about how Harrison and I were dating!

"'Afraid so," Shayd confessed, leaning back on my couch with his hands behind his head. Claire was sat next to me on my bed, and Harrison was leaning against the wall, torn between looking at Shayd in disgust, and stealing me away from Claire to comfort me personally.

"As if I wasn't singled out enough already at this school! Everybody already thinks I'm a damn freak, and now I'm a whorish freak, too! This is perfect, really perfect. I hope Devlin fell on a bed of nails that somehow broke through his immortal hide and made him slowly bleed to death, writhing in agony! That god damn son of a bitch! I could castrate him and make him eat his own testicles!" I ranted, stomping back and forth across the room, wringing my hands together. I noticed both Harrison and Shayd cringe at my last threat.

Shayd grabbed his crotch and whispered over to my boyfriend. "Holy shit, dude. Can she do that?"

That's when Harrison laughed, and I wanted to punch him for it. Who said he was allowed to laugh? This is not a comical situation!

"I wouldn't put it past her,' Harrison said in his normal voice. He knew there was no point in whispering. I could hear everything anyways, but that just made me angrier. Why couldn't they all just shut the fuck up and fix this godforsaken problem?!

Shayd gulped. "You sure do have your hands full, man. Remind me never to get on her bad side."

Harrison laughed again, but with less humor, and I could already predict along the lines of what he was about to say.

"I wouldn't let you, even if you wanted to."

Were all vampires so god damned spasmodically overprotective? I mean, Jesus Christ! I feel like I'm PMSing or something, but that's not even possible! I'm an immortal, dammit! I can't bleed out of my ovaries any longer!

"This is going to be awful, staying here, with everybody judging me like this. Can't I get . . . I don't know, home-schooled or something? You're a qualified teacher, Harrison. Couldn't you just tutor me or something?" I asked.

I plopped back down onto the bed next to Claire, and she put her arm around my shoulder. I leaned my head against her, feeling totally drained.

"I'm only qualified for the subject I teach. We'd have to get you separate teachers for every subject, and I don't think that would work out very well, since all the teachers are here at UPA. Plus, if I were to tutor you, I don't think we'd get much schoolwork done . . ." he said, shrugging. I shot him a dirty look. Pervert.

"Screw this! I'm going for a walk," I said at a volume louder than necessary. I knew exactly where I was going, and it wasn't really for a walk. More like a mission. Harrison knew what I was up to even before I slammed the door behind me and we were in separate rooms.

'Joanalie, just be careful. I know he deserves it, but . . . I don't know. I just don't want you to get hurt aagain.'

'I won't be the one getting hurt, thanks. Not this time, anyways.'

I heard him sigh, and could tell he was keeping an eye on me while he explained to my friends what I was doing. I realized it might be awkward for those three to just hang out, seeing as they were students, and he was their teacher and one of their friends' boyfriend. I brushed it off. They were all immortal. Nothing was ever awkward.

I hunted him down like I had done with my prey earlier that morning. I was out for a different kind of blood this time. I wasn't looking to feed. I was looking to . . . well I'm not exactly sure. I just needed to have it out with him, once and for all. It seemed like I'd been doing that for a while, but I had a sense of upcoming finality, so maybe this would be it.

He was in his room. Not his classroom, but his bedroom. Great, I thought. Because things had just gone so perfectly last time I was in here. I tried to erase the memories of my drunken mistake and realizing just how bad 'Cal' really was.

His door was locked, but I broke the handle and threw the door open. He was just lying there on his bed, shirtless of course. Oh, thank you, God! It would be so much easier to argue with him when his glorious muscles were staring me in the face! Apparently, I still had estrogen left in me.

"Oh, Joanalie. I knew you'd come around," he said, standing up and taking a step closer.

"Don't flatter yourself, Calhoun. And put a shirt on," I muttered to him. I closed the door behind me, not wanting any unwelcome eavesdroppers listening in.

"Why would I do that? I think you like it," he said cheekily. I scoffed, but stood my ground.

"Fine, see if I care."

"But I know you do," he said with a yawn, stretching his flexed arms over his head to give me a better view. I rolled my eyes, not daring to give him any kind of satisfaction.

"Right, you've caught me," I said sarcastically. "I'm secretly crazy about the single most hated person in my entire life."

"Now, that wasn't so hard to admit, was it? And you don't hate me, Joanalie. You resent my previous actions, but you could never hate me. I know you better than that. So why don't you just tell me why you're here, okay Princess?" he said condescendingly.

I growled. "Whatever makes you feel better about yourself."

"The point of this visit?" he inquired again, lazily.

"I just wanted to know what. The hell. Your. Problem. Is." I said calmly, making sure to annunciate all my syllables.

"Would you like to elaborate on that?"

"Why did you feel the need to tell the entire school that Harrison and I were dating? Why did you even come to UPA? Why are you haunting me like this? Why did you lie to me when you were my mentor? Why did you pretend to die, and then write me a letter telling me you 'loved me' when all you've done is make me miserable? Why can I never do anything to get you back? How are you always just so unphased by my attempts at revenge? How can you possibly be so determined to ruin one person's life? What did I do to you to make you out to get me? Why can't you just leave me the hell alone?" I finally unleashed it. All the questions that had gone unanswered for too long. This was what I needed to know. This was what I've been waiting for.

He was quiet for all of five seconds after my barrage of questions before he spoke up. "Joan, you've got it all wrong. I'm not the bad guy, here. I'll answer one of those questions now, okay? The rest I'll save for later. I came to UPA to protect you. You think your boyfriend's so perfect and heroic? How about secretive? I bet he didn't tell you the main reason Gregorovich put him in the running for Head Vampire was because Harrison is in charge of the Immortal Army, and there's a war coming. A war that Harrison doesn't want you to know about or be a part of."

I was confused. There wasn't any war on the way. I would have heard about it by now. Devlin was just trying to trick me, like always. There wasn't an honest bone in his body. Nevertheless, I was curious.

"So, what's this 'war' about, if there even is one," I asked, trying to appear uninterested.

"What do you think, Joan? The only Turned immortal to have showed up for centuries, and you're half Lesser Immortal, half Greater Immortal, but still the most dangerous threat to walk the planet," he said. I didn't like what he was implying.

"What are you getting at, Devlin?"

"The war, Joan, is over you."

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'm a week later, but I've explained all my reasons on my profile, so please go check that out! I'm so sorry, too! I apologize infinity times until I'm forgiven! I hope the reasons are adequate, even though I should never be this late, but please comment anyways! I didn't feel like as I got as many this time. The story is coming to an end! Only 5 chapters left! Thanks for reading! Hope you're enjoying this little twist =D

♥MK