Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 17

I woke up at about 10 am, then got ready to take Kayla to her appointment. I ran into my closet, and got ready. I brushed my hair and put make up on, then slipping shoes on and writing a note for Mason.
----
Mason,
I've already left to take Kayla. Text me when you wake up.
I love you :)
-Blaire.
----
I walked to Kayla's room, after grabbing my bag, cell phone, and car keys. I knocked on the door, Kayla walking out and we started walking down the stairs. We made our way to the garage, making small talk along the way. She talked about how cute Mason and I were together, and took note of the expensive ring placed delicately on my ring finger, where a wedding band would be.
We hopped in my car, and turned a cd on. Fall Out Boy's cd, Folie A Duex, was playing. We started listening to 'Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet'. I drove out of the driveway, buckling up. Kayla did the same, and I singing along to the song, started the drive to the doctors office, Mason's sunglasses on my face.
"We're a little bit early, wanna stop through a Starbucks drivethrough?"
"Sure, I need a little bit of coffee." She said laughing.
I pulled into the drive through, and ordered two coffees. We then continued the adventure. We pulled up to the stoplight in front of the doctor's office, and I watched the light, tapping my finger on the steering wheel. The light turned green, and I drove into the parking lot.
I parked, then we walked through the door, signing the papers, then getting called into the back, which seemed to be like a flash of lightning.
My phone vibrated while we waited for the doctor in an examining room.
'Hey love. :) I just woke up.', Mason sent me. I smiled and hit reply.
'Well thats good that you're not sleeping in too late. xD' I sent back.
"Blaire, has Mason woke up yet?"
"Yes." I said.
"Oh, I'm nervous. I don't want anything too horrible to happen."
"Nothing horrible will happen, it'll be all good." I said, just as the doctor walked in.
My phone vibrated, but I ignored it, I was going to wait for the doctor to focus on Kayla.
"Hi, I'm Doctor Stewarts. It's nice to meet you both," The woman said, smiling,"Which one is Kayla?" She asked.
Kayla slowly raised her hand, a weak smile on her face.
"It's okay to be nervous," She said patting Kayla's shoulder,"And you are?" She said, motioning to me.
"I'm Blaire, the sister of her boyfriend." I said, shaking her hand.
"Very stunning, both of you. It's nice to see that you both are friends, no drama." She said laughing.
She excused me from the room, and I walked outside, sitting on a chair outside of the door.
I looked at the text Mason sent me earlier.
'I'm on my way to the doctor's office, I'll meet you there.'
I sent an 'Okay.' and then walked out to the waiting area. A few minutes later, my lover was there.
The receptionist looked over, stunned and or confused.
"He's here to help with a friend." I said grabbing Masons hand, and walking through the door.
"You gave the receptionist a heart attack, Mason." I said laughing when we got out of earshot.
"At least she's at a place with alot of doctors." He joked, kissing my forehead. We walked to the door, sitting in the seats beside it, and began to be a couple. Haha. I smiled at my own words. He played with our intertwined fingers, and started to stare at me, while I was worrying about Kayla.
"She'll be okay, Blaire." He said, gripping my hand for reassurance.
"I know, she's just really nervous, and it's kinda rubbing off on me." I said.
He then smiled, and played with my hair, until the doctor came out of the room, telling us the news.
"She's pregnant."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I've got to post the New Years chapter, too.
I got a new laptop, so it's difficult.
I'll try to finish it all by tonight.
Image
That's Blaire's outfit, she just carried the jacket, she didnt wear it.