Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 18

The doctor walked away, and Kayla walked out of the room looking happy.
"Now I don't have to lie, and I can just tell him, and hope it all works out." She told me, as Mason got water for himself.
We walked out of the office, walking to our cars, parked side by side. Mason's black Honda Civic (hybrid, by the way ;D) parked beside my Corvette. We planned to go to a small cafe, near the office, to eat before going home. I pulled out behind Mason, and followed him there.
"Blaire, you guys are too cute." Kayla said, talking about Mason and I.
Everyone thinks we're already engaged, so no one'd be surprised if and when Mason proposed.
"Blaire, he's going to be there for you forever, it may be true love. You guys are like the high school sweethearts, only you didnt know each other then," she said, thinking through what she said,"But still, Mason's treating you like you're his wife. He's trying so hard to be what all your other boyfriends weren't. Watching him in the doctors office, playing with your fingers, kissing your forehead softly every now and then, making you laugh when you're nervous. That's the description for perfect. I haven't seen you frown once since I've known you. It's because of him."
I nodded, taking it all into thought and consideration.
Mason wants to be a family. He'd do anything to keep me happy, and would even sacrifice anything for me.
After what seemed like forever, we pulled into the parking lot of the quaint restraunt. I parked near Mason, and we walked in with Kayla. We sat down at a booth, ordering our food. I ordered a salad, Mason a hamburger, and Kayla a slice of pizza.
Our formation was Mason and I on one side and Kayla on the other side, waiting for Bryan.
She texted him to tell him to meet us there, and I saw his car pull into the parking lot 5 minutes later. Bryan ordered his food, and slid into our booth. I shot a smile at him, Mason doing the same. Bryan laughed then looked at Kayla, who was sipping some water.
"Whats that?" Bryan asked, pointing to my ring.
"It's a ring, Bryan." I said in a 'Duh' tone, chuckling.
"Mason, is that what I think it is?" Bryan asked, becoming defensive of me.
"It's a promise ring." Mason choked up, obviously nervous.
"A promise ring, huh? It's a pretty major commitment, promising to be together forever." Bryan said, skeptical.
"Well, I want to be with Blaire for the rest of my existance." Mason said, looking Bryan straight in the eye.
"The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that your parents are going to come see you guys after New Years."
"Wait...what is today?" I asked, frantic.
"New Years Eve...oh." Mason said, realizing what day it was.
"Happy birthday, sis." Bryan said smirking.
"Happy birthday, Blaire." Mason whispered in my ear when the waiter brought our food.
We ate, and then decided to talk for a while, and make plans.
"I'll call the guys over, and we'll have a party with the bands at the house." Bryan said, sipping more off his soda.
"That sounds fun." I said.
"Mason, let Metro know, It'd be fun to have a bash." Bryan said smiling. I knew what was going through his mind.
Bryan's POV
I watched Mason whisper in Blaire's ear, making her smile instantly. We ate then talked about the party. I began to think about the promise ring he got her. He obviously loves her, so why should I have any problem in it.
We then paid, and went home to get ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, now New Years chapter !
Haha XD I'm just getting caught up due to computer buisness. xD
Image
That's Mason's car. :D