Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 20

Mason and I woke up a couple days later.
"Lets go on a date." Mason randomly said.
"A date?" I asked, looking up at him.
"Yeah. Tomorrow." He said, smiling down at me.
"I hate how tall you are." I said, turning back to my management papers.
"What are you doing, shortie?" He asked me, smiling.
"Stupid merch logs. They know we'll have shirts, cds, and buttons. What else do they need to know?" I said, writing all of the guys' names in the band members column.
"I'm sorry. Being a merch person doesn't seem as hard as it is, huh?" He said, rubbing my back.
"Yeah. Wanna help make signs?"
"Sure, but maybe it's best you take a break. I think you're getting a little stressed." He said, looking at me with concern.
"Okay, what do you want to do?"
"Lets go to Starbucks, and then we'll plan from there." he said smiling and grabbing his jacket and car keys. I went over to a chair he had his hoodie hanging over and slipped it on.
"I'm stealing this. It matches my pajama pants." I said laughing.
"Eh, I don't care. As long as you aren't freezing and unmatching. Cause Heaven forbid you not have a matching hoodie." He said, obviously making fun of me. I laughed, and we both walked out to the garage.
I walked to his car and he opened the door for me,.
"Why thank you." I said pecking his cheek.
"You're very welcome." He said, smiling and shutting the door, then walking to the other side.
He saw the impatient look I was sporting.
"No hurry, Hun. The tour starts in two weeks. You don't have to hurry."
Yeah, they moved the tour up. That's why I'm in a hurry.
"Okay." I said smiling at him, as he buckled in. I did the same, as her started the car and turned the radio on.
He started to sing along, absentmindedly, to a Fall Out Boy song. I wasnt paying attention to it in detail, so I didn't know what song it was.
My mind was racing. I didn't know how long they'd give me for the paperwork, but I know Mason wouldn't put my job in jepordy. I probably had until day after tomorrow. I'd have enough time, I decided.
We were halfway to Starbucks when Mason reached a stoplight, and had to stop, of course.
I flipped my hair out of my eyes, and he looked over, pushing his bangs out of his face.
"Don't worry, Blaire. I'll let you free when we get home, then you can finish the last page of your paperwork."
"I know, I'm okay." The light turned green, and with a skeptical look, he started driving to the Starbucks.
I got a text shortly after:
'Blaire, where are you and Mason?' Kayla texted.
'We went to Starbucks, why?'
'Mason's parents and your aunt and uncle are here !'
My jaw dropped.
"Mason, your parents are at the mansion right now." I said, pretty much scared for my life.
"Oh god." He said, turning into the turning lane for Starbucks. "We'll get the....what do you want?"
"Just Coco."
"We'll get the coco and then go home. Your uncle and aunt there too?"
"Yeah."
"Okay. It'll be all okay, Blaire, you'll see." He said pulling up to Starbucks and we both went in. We got the coco and then got back in his car.
-------
We made it back to the house, then parked in the garage and walked into the mansion.
"Bryan, we're home!" I yelled to him. Mason took his jacket off and hung it on a coat rack in a coat closet. I took Mason's hoodie off and handed it to him and he put it with the other jacket in the closet.
"Okay! We're in the living room!" Bryan yelled back. Mason and I went to the living room.
"Mom, Dad, Mitchel, Marc." Mason said smiling.
"Hi Uncle David, Aunt Sally." I said smiling. "Hi Mr and Mrs Musso, Hi Mitchel, hi Marc." I said, smiling to them. Mason shook my Uncle and Aunt's hands and we both sat down in bean bag chairs. I had talked to Mitchell alot over the break, through texting, so me and him got close. I hadn't met Marc yet.
"Happy late birthday, Blaire." They all wished me.
"Thank you." I said smiling. Mason smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
"This is a beautiful house you have here, Blaire. I was just talking to Bryan about it." Mr. Musso commented.
"Yes, we're very grateful." I said smiling. I looked at Bryan and Kayla. He had his arm around her, and he looked nervous.
"Um...I have sort of an announcement." Bryan said. Kayla started to look nervous.
"Oh." Mason mumbled under his breath. He grabbed my hand.
"Umm. I'm sort of...pregnant..." Kayla said.
My Aunt and Uncle looked absolutly spitting angry.
"Kayla, this may not be the most perfect time but....," Bryan said digging in his pocket, then getting on one knee,"Will you marry me?"
I smiled, and Mason did too, as Kayla started to cry, and nodded yes. The other Musso's smiled, and we watched as Bryan put the engagement ring on his new fiancee's finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!
Get ready for a big surprise.
I'm sorry for fooling you. :(