Kidnap My Affection

Megalomaniac

What on earth was I doing? Ruining my reputation, getting myself into a strange relationship with a girl I barely knew and knew I would dislike. She was everything I wasn't and had nothing to do with me! I needed to know more about her.

'"Stefan, I need to skip class today. I think I really have caught something from that wreched girl," I lied rubbing my temples. Stefan looked at me with concern instead of distrust. I hated lying to him. He is my best friend I've known him since I could start insulting people, he was always right there beside me. He reached out and stroked my hair, an awkward gesture for the boy who hated physical contact.

"Well, you should rest, I'll cover for you," he smiled and turned down the hall towards class. I spun on my heels back to my room, breaking into a sprint across the quad, Mina had left her book by the fountain. I detoured to pick it up. I would try to pass it to her later.

Once I returned to the privacy and safety of my room, I turned on my computer and found my way into the schools systems. I retreaved Mina's school file and started reading.

"The poor girl," I said in a whisper. I couldn't believe all that she had gone through to get here, to be where she was today, to be something else, to not be what everyone thought she would be. To rise above and be different. I now felt closer to her and even more compelled to her.

knock knock.

"Who is it?" I called.

"It's me, are you hungry at all, do you want to get something to eat??" Stefan asked. That was my boy, always looking out for me. I shut off my computer and grabbed my coat.

"Starved," I smiled at him. He smiled back and we headed towards the cafeteria.

"So I said, "What's the matter you fat ugly cow?" and she just----" Stefan was going off on one of his stories again, but my mind was clouded with images of the girl I should be hating.

"Lysander?" some prisy girl spoke, she was seated really close to me. "are you alright? You look a bit, distraught."

"Yeah, Lysander, are you feeling alright?" it was her. My body froze completely as she found her way around my table, glaring at me as she passed by.

"What the hell was that all about?" Stefan asked with a laugh.

"I don't know," I said, falling completely out of character.

This girl really is to be the death of me, the old Lysander.
♠ ♠ ♠
for the people who are reading, thanks for your comments and support!

Have a Merry Christmas! =)

xoxo
Winona