Kidnap My Affection

Out Of Control.

“If you’re just going to stand there and stare at me then I suggest you let me go.” For some unknown reason I had just stood there and watched her, unable to release her from my grip. I had brought her closer to me, but for what purpose? Why could I imagine myself kissing those lips? Why could I imagine her as the beautiful girl I suddenly knew she could be? Why is she screwing with my mind?

“I…can’t.” I said hesitantly. That was the truth. I somehow didn’t know how to release her at the moment.

“You’re surely not planning on kissing me are you?” She asked cheekily. It caused me to smile, but that faded once I saw who was now suddenly standing behind her. That weird moment we shared was completely gone, my dream forgotten and the feel of her body against mine ripped away from me.

“What the hell is going on?” Stefan looked bewildered, his eyes darting between the two of us.

“It’s nothing. I was just…” I paused for a second. Why did I feel as though I was going to regret the words that would leave my mouth in a moment? I am Lysander, I am important, I demand that the world loves me and I am surely a narcissist and proud of the fact that I look good. Why is she making my world spin out of control?

“I was just trying to teach this…thing…a lesson. That’s all. She’s nothing to be bothered about. I was leaving anyway.” Seeing as I’d already pushed myself away from her, I got a good look at her face. The hurt that crossed her features was enough to make me take those words back. No. It wasn’t. I’m not taking any of those words back. I meant them. I’m sure I meant them.

“Lysander, just get away from her before you catch something. Let’s get to class.”

Stefan began pulling me by my arm away from Mina. I couldn’t bring myself to use her last name.

Everything would have mended itself eventually and my abnormalities around this girl would have gone away. It would have turned out alright and I could have forgotten her and tried to stay away. I could have…if she hadn’t said the words I didn’t want to hear to my retreating back.

“Empty, shallow, coward. You are everything you appear to be Lysander.”