Elementalist

Chapter 13- Connor

"Charlie!" I banged on Charlie's door. Charlie was David's and Jimmy's best friend and was the oldest brother of Hex. "Charlie! It's Connor!"

The door opened and Charlie looked out at me. He had dark red hair, almost the color of blood, with black eyes. "Why are you here in the middle of the night, Connor? And what the hell did you do to your hair..?"

"The hair...? I'll tell you later. Right now, we need to help Hex!" I yelled, watching my breath, this time it wasn't falling into glass spheres. Charlie looked from me to Rachel holding Tina closely and to Hex, lying in the car.

"Hurry up, Connor. I've heard HTWBE is after you."

I grinned, ran back to tell Rachel and grab Hex. "Inside, now, Rachel." Rachel obeyed and I pulled Hex into Charlie's house.
 
 

"What the hell happened to him?" Charlie asked, helping me put him on a bed after we bandaged his cut up. It was bleeding continuously and it wouldn't stop.

"Ever wonder why his hair is white, Charlie?" I asked back and fell onto my own bed, which used to be owned by Hay, "your brother is an Elementalist, an Air Elementalist, to be exact." I glanced at his face.

"No he's not, Connor," was all he said, trying not to believe it. I smiled.

"Oh, he is, Charlie. Why do you think I brought him here, of all places? I mean, there were HTWBE freaks after me and he TRIED to help ward them away."

The room went silent. The room was small as it was, seeing as it was the three boy's room before their parents died. There were three beds, the bed I was on, the one Hex was on and the one on the back wall. Charlie said that he'd share a bed with Hex and Rachel and Tina would share a bed, leaving me the only one in a bed.

"And you come HERE?! Do you know how easily they find strong Elementalist?!" Charlie was yelling. I laughed.

"Calm down, Charlie. I'll be back, going to take a walk. Watch Tina for me, please." I slipped out and slid down the railing of the stairs. "Later, Rachel."

"Hey! Where you going?" Rachel yelled, following me out the door.

"I WAS going to take a walk but since you're following me, would you like to join me?"

She ran to get up to me, "sure, I guess."
 
 

Charlie's house was about an hour's walk to the cliff so Rachel and I walked along side the small river in the forest. It was a ten minute walk and the water was warm for the middle of the night.

"So, what's on your mind, Connor?" Rachel asked as I fell back first onto the ground. My chest didn't hurt as much, with or without broken ribs, "still thinking of Nick?"

"Yeah," I sighed and slipped my hands under my head. I watched the tops of the trees move. Then, I got a sharp pain in my left arm and I shot up into a sitting position.

"What's the matter?" Rachel asked, as I held my arm and stood up.

"They're at... Charlie's..." I said, trying to not show my pain, "hurry up, and stay close to me." I started to limp out towards Charlie's house, Rachel running after me.
 
 

I pushed Charlie's door open, it was unlocked, "Damn it!" I mumbled and wandered in, "anyone here?!" There wasn't an answer and I looked at Rachel.

Rachel stood there, in the door way, looking at the floor I stood on. I looked down, gasped and fell on the ground next to Rachel. There on the ground were words, messy, red words. "What's it say, Connor?"

"We took the three people and we'll kill them if you don't bring Rachel," I tried to make out the final words but I couldn't. I was trying to hold back my tears from Rachel, "Go, now!"

 "Wait, what? What do you mean 'go, now'?" Rachel looked at me.

"Go, now! I don't want them to kill them! I'll be there in a few minutes anyways!" I was getting testy.

She looked at me, "Hell no!"

I grabbed her by the collar after standing up. "You're going to go or I'll murder you right here, right now!"

"Fine! Let me go and I'll go!" I was guessing Rachel didn't want to die. I let go and she disappeared.