Elementalist

Chapter 14- Jerry

We were back in HTWBE when David and Ron came in, pushing two people and David holding one. I recognized one of the guys as that Elementalist who Connor hangs around with.

 "David! You're a god damn back stabber! Where's Jimmy?!" the red head yelled at David. He looked like the white haired one except older.

 "Sorry, Charlie, but I have to do this," he sighed and looked at me, "Jerry, this is Charlie and Hex and my baby sister, Tina."

Charlie gritted his teeth, "David! You're going to die!"

 I looked out the window. Daybreak was showing above the clouds, lightly pushing the darkness into corners and shadows. I looked back at the captives, "Put them in the cage with what's his name, Nick?" I said, not really caring about their names, "Except for the white-haired one.”

David pulled Charlie out and the girl in his hands. Ron pushed the white haired boy to his knees in front of me. "What's your name?"

"Why do you want to know?” he asked. His head was down and he held his arm over his chest to hold his side. It was bleeding out of his shirt, slightly as if it was bandaged. His head was down.

"I want to know, you god damn Elementalist, so I can get your damn friend here!"

He laughed, lifted himself off his knees the best he could without falling over and looked at me, "Connor won't save me," he laughed, "Hex was saved once, and once is enough for Connor!"

 "Jerry, let him go!"

I looked up to see Rachel standing there. I smiled, "so you came back, huh, Rachel?"
    
"I was forced," Rachel sounded out of breath, "and Connor should be here."
    
"So he's coming?" I found that quite amusing, "when?"
    
Then, I heard it. The upstairs floor, the same one that held the cages, was hit, probably by the roof. I heard Connor cussing and people screaming.

"Rachel, stay here and watch this guy," I pointed at Hex. I shut the door and ran off.
 

It didn't take me very long to get upstairs. When I got there, David and Ron stood there, shocked. "What the hell happened?!"

"Connor was here, what do you think?" laughed, Charlie, his hands firmly on the bars behind David, "he grabbed Tina, cussed out his brother and left that for you."

David pointed at the wall in front of him and I glanced at it. There, on the wall, was writing, probably in blood because it was red and it dripped off the words. The bitch has nerve to do that, I told myself, and now, he BREAKS into HTWBE after we're after him?..

"Where the hell did he go?" I asked, getting oddly testy.

"Maybe he hates you and he just can't give up any more lives you took from him, Jerry."

"Hay, shut the hell up!" I yelled as Hay dropped down to his feet from the metal wall. Hay had orange hair and dark gray eyes. He swung a knife around in a circle between his first and middle finger and he did this without ease. I turned on my heel to see Rachel and Hex standing there, Hex being held up by Rachel.
Hex took a good look at me or past me at Hay. I ended up being between them.

"God damn it, Jerry! Did you hurt him?!" Hay yelled, grabbing my shirt collar.

"Why would it matter, Hay?" I asked, a smug smile on my face, "I'm just using him to----"

"You're using him!" Hay yelled, putting his knife firmly against my throat, "you dirty little bastard! I'll kill you."

"Hay...," Hay looked at Hex, his knife still firmly on my throat, "why don't I just go out and find Connor?"

"Ha ha! The boy has brains," I laughed, "let him go, Hay. He can manage himself seeing as he IS an air Elementalist."

I looked right into Hay's eyes. He dropped me, pushed his knife back up into his wristbands and disappeared past Hex and Rachel. I looked at them and walked to Hex, "Now, you will go and find him, Correct?"

"Don't do it, Hex!" Charlie yelled, gripping the bars more.

"Shut up!" I yelled and turned back to Hex who shook his head yes, "and you'll return, correct?" I asked again.
    
"Can't promise I will," he said, "Connor's his own mind."
    
"Just try and get him here," I told him and he put his hands to the ground. He did that 'air blast' move and disappeared. I laughed.