Elementalist

Chapter 15- Connor

I floated on the clouds; piss off by all means of life. First, those damned HTWBE freaks take my oldest brothers, kill my parents, physically hurt me and my best friend and threaten the lives of my last family members; it just pissed me off thinking about it.
    
Morning's sun was up, barely up to shine on my face but I knew it was up because the clouds where bright white and dark gray in parts, or here and there. Tina was asleep, it was way too early for her, and she had her head on my chest. I held her close to me, making sure I would never lose her, even though my chest was throbbing, my hands hurt and my mind was filled with questions. I wanted to forget what happened in the semi-twenty-four hours, but I knew it was never going to happen.
    
"Connor, I know you're up there! I see your feet!" I looked off the side of the cloud and Hex smiled at me. He was right. The only thing that hung off the cloud were my feet. I went back to looking at the semi-dark sky when he popped up.
    
"Connor, please listen to me," He sounded like he just saw his own death. He stood on top of a small twister, "that guy Jerry has Charlie, Rachel, Nick, the twins and Metal freak! He wants you too but---"
    
"Shut up," my voice was different, "I'm not talking right now!"
    
"You stubborn bitch!" Hex yelled, "You only care for yourself!"
    
"I saved your life and you tell me I only care for myself," I still had no anger in me, "was that fate or me caring, Hex? Thanks."
    
He didn't respond, "Listen, I can't live like this anymore. I'm not using my powers, ever. I want Tina to live her life in a normal family, with me, and possibly you. Hex," I sat up and looked at him, "please. I've never had a normal life so Tina should."
    
He shook his head, "And where are you planning on living, Connor? You can't go back to your house; you can't go to Charlie's."
    
"Then we'll live with you, Hex. You have two beds; I'll share one with Tina, not a big deal."
    
Hex sighed; trying to figure out what was right, "Fine, but you have to pay me."
    
I picked Tina up and let myself fall slowly to the ground. I waited for Hex and grinned, "Fine, and thanks."
    
"Whatever," Hex said back as we walked to his house, Tina in my arms. That was the last time I used my powers.