Elementalist

Chapter 16- Rachel

I yawned and pondered the time. I was put under daily, more like from seven am to six pm, watch, of whom must watch me would be the one and only, Jerry. My father, Sir, thinks he still has to make my choices for me, even though five years have past since I made the stupid mistake of hanging out with Connor. I sighed, pushed myself off the bed and opened the door a good enough length for me to see out into the hallway.

“What are you doing, Rachel?”

God damn it, I smiled at Jerry, “Shouldn’t you be holding hands with your love, Terry?”

Jerry looked at me, his blond hair slicked back, and darker than what it was when he was seventeen, five years ago. He’s over compulsive with Terry, Should’ve seen that coming, I told myself He’s twenty-two, he should be.

“Rachel,” he said, it was his voice that changed the most, “Terry and I do not like each other.”

“Whatever,” I shut the door and leaned against my window. I was claimed to be on the first floor, but I counted it as the second floor. HTWBE was a twelve-story building and a basement, or the basement was suppose to be the first floor but it’s halfway underground, so they used it as a basement. It wasn’t a long drop from my room to the ground, enough for me to have to use some of my strength to re-shut the window and screen.

I pushed the window up all the way so the screen stood in between me and me being out free in the chilly autumn air. I pulled out the screen slightly and pushed it up. Soundlessly, I slipped out, feet first.

I landed on the grass and fall leaves and looked up at my window. It wasn’t really high, enough of a climb anyways. I stood on the top of the window, half hidden by earth, and pulled myself up, shut the window and screen and dropped down to the ground and wandered away.