Elementalist

Chapter 17- Tina

I felt that sharp pain in my left arm again. I would get them once and a while, not often though, but it wasn’t anything to worry about. I rolled over onto my side, moved Connor’s fingers from around my arm and yawned.

Connor always reminded me of someone but when I tell him that, he just laughs and asks who that would be. He moved and put his arm over his head, his eyes actually. He had the most colorful hair I’ve seen before. He told me that Hex dared him to dye it. I don’t believe Connor though, I believe Hex, who tells me different. Connor told me he used to have black hair, shabby actually, and then it became outlined in orange and rooted in a dark red. I got up, wandered down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Hey, you,” Hex said as he grabbed me, picked me up, hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek, “Sleep well?”

“I did, Hex,” I smiled. Connor says that Hex is his younger brother, making him my brother. Hex put me on the kitchen table and pushed his white hair out of his eyes.

“Why are you up so early, Tina? Connor get your arm again?” Hex took my left arm and rubbed his hand over the red marks.

“Yeah,” I said as he got up and kissed me on the forehead.

“Do you want breakfast?” he asked as I kicked my feet to and from underneath the table. Hex was a superb cook, at least better than Connor, anyways.

“Please,” I smiled and looked at him.

“Hey, Hex, you’re not flirting with my baby sister, are you?”

I grinned at Connor who stood in the doorway, leaning against the brown frame of the door.

“I could be, Connor,” Hex laughed as I dropped off the table and Connor walked over to me and hugged me.

“Well, cut it out,” Connor said, still half asleep. He pushed his hair out of his eyes and opened the fridge. “Damn it, we need to go shopping. The fridge is empty.”

“No doubt about that,” Hex laughed, “your stomach is like a living Hell.”

“Oh, shut up, Hex.”

I laughed and hugged Connor again, “Do you know what’s coming up?”

He looked at me, blankly at first, then his face brightened, like a light bulb went off inside of his flesh, “Christmas?!”

Hex hit in on the back of his head, “No, dip shit, it’s almost Halloween.”

“Really?” I laughed at Connor who was still confused, “Why wasn’t I informed?”

“You sleep all day and sulk in your own pity, Connor,” Hex said, putting my breakfast on the table, “how are we suppose to tell you?”

Connor picked me up, after shrugging at Hex, and put me on the chair at the table and headed upstairs, “Tina, Hex, when you’re done eating, get dressed.”

I picked at my food after Connor disappeared. Hex had made me pancakes.

“Hey, now, are you going to eat or just let it get cold?” Hex asked, sitting down across from me. I looked at him.

“Hex, why is Connor like that?” I asked, then put a small piece of pancake in my mouth.

“Connor’s always been this way, Tina. He doesn’t want to grow up. At least he smiles, right? I’ve never seen him smile this much since we were five,” Hex laughed, “anyways, finish up.”

“Damn it! You guys are STILL not finished?!” I looked up to Connor who was fully dressed. He wore a dark red tee shirt and a pair of blue jeans. ‘He wasn’t much of a change,’ Hex would laugh, “Hurry up, now!”

I got up and Hex took my plate. I got dressed and Hex, Connor and I headed towards town.