Elementalist

Chapter 2-Jerry

“So, Jerry, what do you know of this new Elementalist?” Terry asked as we walked down the hallway of H.T.W.B.E.

I looked at her, not really sure what to tell her. I sighed and studied her. She had bluish-green hair with solid black eyes. She wore a black coat over a purple turtleneck, usually a tank top turtle neck, and a purple skirt with brown sandals. I shook my head so my blonde hair would swing out of my blue eyes. She looked at me with awe as I started to walk the hallway again, “No idea, Terry. He’s been in that chamber for five days; he should be under us now.”

She shook her head and ran to keep up with me, “Jerry, you should really lighten up a bit.”

“How can I, Terry?” I asked, “No one cares if we live of die, or how we live. No one cares about us, including those god damn naïve ones who don’t follow rules. My point of view is to get every single one under us and force them to work with us or kill them,” I stopped at a door, “anyways. I have a meeting to get to. I’ll talk to you later.”

Terry shook her head and wandered off, hands together behind her back. This left me to open the door and pull myself into the room.

The room wasn’t much different from the other rooms Elementalists of H.T.W.B.E. dwelled in; it was large, decorated and semi-colorful. “Ah, Jerry, you made it.”
           
I bent down in a salute to my leader, Sir. He had brown hair and blue eyes. "Yes, Sir. Wouldn't miss the stuff you have to say."
        
"Ah, okay, then. Anyways, as you know, in the last clean out of Rejects' Run, we got a level five Elementalist. He's supposed to have air elemental powers and is the third son of Frank, the legendary Elementalist. Anyways, I'm putting you in charge of keeping him in shape, being the deal of you being one of the only level seven Elementalists here in HTWBE."
           
"I understand, Sir, but one question."
           
"What is it?" Sir asked, sounding somewhat annoyed.
           
"Does this mean I can kill the Elementalist?" I asked blankly.
           
"Yes it does, Jerry," Sir answered, "Here's his file."
            
Sir handed me a manila folder with more than one piece of paper stuck inside. I glanced at the number on the top of the folder, some long number after JG, and the photo on the top of the papers inside, "Is this the Elementalist, Sir?" I asked to Sir who shook his head yes. I bowed again and walked out.
            
Terry was standing next to the door when I walked out, not really standing but more leaning against the wall, "Well?"
           
 "Well, what?" I asked, "I got one of the new Elementalists."
            
"Who's that? I mean... what's his name, his elemental power, his level, continued, continued?" Terry asked back at me. She tended to ask a lot of questions.
           
 I handed her the photo and sighed. A loud, high-pitched, siren went off as Terry was studying the photo.
           
 "What's that?!" she yelled over the sirens at me.
            
 "An Elementalist escaped," I yelled back, "come on!"