Elementalist

Chapter 18-Rachel

I wandered though the town. I didn’t feel like walking any farther than the town on the outskirts of the bridge that sat on the large, portly river. From HTWBE, across the bridge and to the middle of the town, was a twenty-minute walk.

The town was small but inviting. The windows were lighted up and the street was cleared of the colorful leaves of autumn.

After a while of window shopping and looking through some of the stores, I decided to get myself a drink from the local supermarket. I paid and walked out, drinking the bottle of water I had just bought.

I headed back towards the other shops when I tripped. I lifted my head to see a girl with long, straight black hair and baby blue eyes lying in front of me. I put my head back down on the ground, She looks very familiar…

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the girl said. She had that soft voice I knew. I shot up and looked at her. She was picking up bags, a few filled with food and one filled with clothes.

“Er, do I know you?” I asked, once again knowing the answer, Duh you know her! She’s Connor’s little sister!

“I don’t believe so,” she said standing up and fumbled with the bags, which was now in one arm.

“Tina! How many times do I have I told you, don’t talk to random people?!”

I knew that voice! I haven’t heard it in over five years, but I remember it! Connor came over, looked me over and took Tina’s wrist and stormed away, half dragging her along. The white haired boy was there, too! I thought it over a few minutes, as the gap between us grew, and then decided to follow them, about ten feet behind them.